• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg Will Not Install with Mac OS 10.9.4

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all i was prompted to install the new flash update,

i tried to install at first i was getting an error with safari being open, when it was closed, i had forced quit the browser

and also checked Activity Manager to make sure it was shut.

after reading the adobe help information i uninstalled flash and restarted the computer, i started the process again

the safari problem did not come up apon the new install, But i had a new problem i get a general error at around 75-85%,

of the install.e

so now i have no flash player, i read the forums there is another thread that links,  install_flash_player_osx-.dmg

some people saying that this works for OS 10.9.4, so i tried this option but now the file does not pass the download stage of the install at around 20%.

and the same old General error comes up again leaving me stuck, i am a stay at home dad that builds websites and i need Flash Player.

any help would be greatly welcomed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kiwisox wrote:

install_flash_player_osx-.dmg

There is no such installer; the offline installer is http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

That is the file i was talking about when you click the link you provided that is the name of the file

i get an error even faster with that fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiwi,

Can you please provide the following two log files:

• ~/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file (this is the Users Library, not the system Library)
  • /private/var/log/install.log
    • this is a general OS X install log file.  You can copy/paste just the Flash Player related log content.

The content of both files will be fairly large to post here, as such, please use the How to share a document instructions to share the files.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria thanks for the quick reply

here is a link to the files you requested

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

thanks for your help in advance

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I'm having issues with the flash update as well. Install times out after 30%. I tried downloading the offline installer, but the link that Pat listed above doesn't work. Says "Safari can't connect to server." Do you have another link we can try? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was unable to install the flash player. It would download but upon attempting to install it would freeze and tell me to close Safari even though it was not running. I downloaded the player from the offline link Pat provided and it installed without issue. By the way, thanks Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nikondvr ,

i had the same issue except the offline installer also failed to work glad the issue is sorted for you

Kiwi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kiwisox

Thank you for providing the files.  I didn't get a chance to look at them yesterday, but will do so today.

@Odawg76,

Please start a new thread with your issue, as it appears to be different from Kiwisox.  It is also difficult to respond to various users in the same thread and keep responses relevant to each individual as the forums software doesn't nest responses to individual users, but lists everything chronologically.  Please follow the guidelines here, Please read this before you post!, when creating your new thread. I've actually not seen the "Safari can't connect to server" returned by the Flash Player installer.  Please include a screenshot of the error.  Instructions available here, How to post a screenshot in the forum.  Thank you.

@nikondvr

You're issue appears to be different from Kiwisox.  On Mac, simply closing an application window does not quit the application.  You need to actually terminate Safari for Flash Player installation to proceed. 

There are a few different ways to Quit Safari:

Quit Safari app from the Dock icon:

Mouse over the Safari icon in the Dock

Press CTRL and left-mouse click at the same time

A menu will display. Click Quit to terminate the application.

Use Activity Monitor to terminate Safari:

Launch Activity Monitor from Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor

Ensure 'All Processes' are being listed (menu in the upper right)

Find and select Safari

Click the Quit Process button (upper left)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiwisox,

Unfortunately, the FlahPlayerInstallManager.log file was empty and the install.log file did not contain information for the current installation you are attempting.  Can you please provide one more log file, by following these instructions:

1. Download the online installer  from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and save it to the desktop
  2. Mount the DMG (double-click the file) and copy the .app file to a local folder (e.g. desktop)
  3. Open LaunchPad and in the top search window type Terminal, click the app icon to open the Terminal application
  4. In Terminal, change directories to where the .app is saved to (step 2), type: cd <location to file in step 2>
    • e.g. If the extracted .app file is on the desktop, type: cd /Users/labuser/Desktop
  5. At the prompt, type: ./Install\Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\Adobe\ Flash\ Player -debug - file
  6. Go back to back to the location where the .app is saved to (step 2)
  7. Right-click on the app and select Show Package Contents
  8. In the window that displays, navigate to Contents/MacOS
  9. Obtain the host.develop.log file.
  10. Post the host.develop.log file to the same location as before (How to share a document ).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally After a month of frustrating hair pulling i found a forum from 2011 that gave me the answer to my problems

after the update and the uninstall of the flashplayer my permissions got damaged no idea how or why

but this video explained what to do to sort it

it was also affecting my adobe cloud i could not install new apps or update

thanks for all the replys

Mac OS X Tutorial: How To Repair Disk Permissions - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines