4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 2:49 AM by rajsre

Indesign Tool Size

klarsonjrdv

I am using a mac book pro connected to a larger monitor.  When I bring the indesign screen over to the larger monitor, the tools become extremely large and unmanageable.  For instance the selection or type tool will be three times the size it should be.  This only happens in Indesign and illustrator.   

• 1. Re: Indesign Tool Size
          Ellis home Level 4

Maybe the resolution of the large monitor is lower than your mac? That will make the icons larger.

• 2. Re: Indesign Tool Size
            klarsonjrdv Level 1

Every window and cursor on the monitor looks normal, so I think the resolution ratio is ok.  It is only when I am working within the actually program when the tool cursors become much larger.  Thank you for your response!  Hopefully someone has had this same experience.  I am using Windows 8 through bootcamp on the Mac.  It is a pretty new Mac book, purchased within the last year -perhaps this has something to do with it. 

• 3. Re: Indesign Tool Size
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Actually, I think this kicks in when ID thinks you have a High-DPI monitor (part of the support for Retina screens). It happens on Windows (my platform) if you have system font display set to 125% or larger. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this for Macs, but on PC using a custom font size of 124% or lower drops the ID interface back down to normal. Hopefully they'll get this worked out as a user control fairly soon.

• 4. Re: Indesign Tool Size
                rajsre Adobe Employee

If your monitor is not the default Mac: What is your system setting at System Preferences > Displays ? Did you try changing this settings?