22 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 5:50 PM by Dustin Kerstein

Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag

jkuophoto

Since my other thread doesn't seem to be getting any responses, I'm pasting what I've found here. Please keep in mind I am not a beginner with Lightroom and consider myself very familiar with Lightroom's features excluding the new mobile sync.

1st message:

I'm on Lr 5.5 and using the 30 day trial of Adobe CC to try syncing one collection of slight more than 1000 images. Despite already having generated the Smart Previews, I can see my CPU crunching through image after image (the rolling hills pattern in the task manager) while doing the sync. I was assuming, since I already created the Smart Previews, that the sync of this collection would begin immediately and be done by simply uploading all of the existing Smart Previews. The Smart Previews folder of the catalog is 871MB and has stayed the same despite the CPU obviously doing *something*. As it is now, the sync progress is incredibly slow, almost at a pace like it's actually exporting full-res JPGs from the RAW images (as a comparison only, I know this should not be what it's actually doing).

Another side effect of this is that I'm basically unable to use my computer for other tasks due to the high CPU utilization.

Win 7 x64 / Lightroom 5.5

Intel i5 2500k OC'd 4.5GHz

16GB RAM

SSD for OS, separate SSD for working catalog and files

2nd message:

As a follow up, now Lightroom thinks all 1026 photos are synced (as shown in "All Sync Photographs" portion of the Catalog though all images after the 832nd image show the sync icon per image stuck at "Building Previews for Lightroom Mobile" and the status at the top left corner has been stuck at "Syncing 194 photos" for over 12 hours. Is there no option to force another sync via Lightroom Desktop and also force the iOS app to manually refresh (perhaps by pulling down on the collections view, like refreshing via the Mail app)?

3rd message:

One more update, I went into Preferences and deleted all mobile data, which automatically signed me out of Adobe CC and then I signed back in. Please keep in mind the Smart Previews were long generated before even starting the trial, and I also manually generated them again (it ran through quickly since it found they were already generated) many times. Now that I'm re-syncing my collection of 1026 images, I can clearly see Lightroom using the CPU to regenerate the Smart Previews which already exist. I have no idea why it's doing this except that it's making the process of uploading the Smart Previews extremely slow. I hope this time around it will at least sync all 1026 images to the cloud.

4th message:

All 1026 images synced just fine and I could run through my culling workflow on the iPad/iPhone perfectly. Now I'm on a new catalog (my current workflow unfortunately uses one catalog per event) and I see the same problem: Smart Previews already generated but when syncing, Lightroom seems to re-generate them again anyway (or take up a lot of CPU simply to upload the existing Smart Previews). Can anyone else chime in on what their CPU utilization is like during the sync process when Smart Previews are already created?

New information:

Now I'm editing a catalog of images that is synced to Lightroom Mobile and notice that my workflow has gotten even slower between photos (relative to what it was before, this is not a discussion about how fast/slow LR should perform). Obviously Lightroom is syncing the edited settings to the cloud, but I can see my CPU running intensively (all 4 cores) on every image I edit and the CPU utilization graph looks different than before I started using LR mobile sync. It still feels like every change isn't simply syncing an SQLite database change but re-generating a Smart Preview to go with it (I'm not saying this is definitely what's happening, but something is intensively using the CPU that wasn't prior to using LR Mobile).

For example: I only update the tint +5 on an image. I see the CPU spike up to around 30-40%, then falls back down, then back up to 100%, then back down to another smaller spike while Lightroom says "Syncing 1 photo".  I've attached a screenshot of my CPU graph when doing this edit on just one image. During this entire time, if I try to move onto edit another image, the program is noticeably slower to respond than it was prior to using LR mobile, due to the fact that there appear to be much more CPU intensive tasks running to sync the previous edit. This is proven by un-syncing the collection and immediately the lag goes away.

LR Mobile - Edit 1 file then sync.jpg

I'd be happy to test/try anything you have in mind, because it's my understanding that re-syncing photos that are edited that are already in the cloud should be simply updating the database file rather than require regenerating any Smart Previews or other image data. If indeed that's what it should be doing, then some other portion of LR is causing massive CPU usage. If this continues, I will probably not choose to proceed with a subscription despite the fact that i think LR mobile adds a lot of value and boosts my workflow significantly if it wasn't causing the program to lag so badly in the process.

I know this message was incredibly long and probably tedious to read through so thanks in advance to anyone who gets through it

-Jeff

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
          greule Adobe Employee

Thanks for reporting. Just passed  along your info to some of our devs. One of the things that needs to be created (beside smart previews) during an initial sync are thumbnails + previews for the LrM app - Guido

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
            greule Adobe Employee

Hi Jeff, are your images particularly large or do you make a lot of changes which you save to the original file as part of your workflow?

The CPU usage is almost certainly from us uploading JPEG previews not the Smart Previews - particularly during develop edits as these force new JPEG previews to be sent from Lightroom desktop, but would not force new Smart Previews (unless the develop edits are modifying the original file making us think the Smart Preview is out of date) to be sent.

-

Guido

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
              jkuophoto Level 1

Thanks for reporting. Just passed  along your info to some of our devs. One of the things that needs to be created (beside smart previews) during an initial sync are thumbnails + previews for the LrM app - Guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for pointing this out. I realized the same thing when I tried syncing a collection for offline mode and found out the required space sounded more like Previews + Smart Previews rather than just the Smart Previews.

greule wrote:

Hi Jeff, are your images particularly large or do you make a lot of changes which you save to the original file as part of your workflow?

The CPU usage is almost certainly from us uploading JPEG previews not the Smart Previews - particularly during develop edits as these force new JPEG previews to be sent from Lightroom desktop, but would not force new Smart Previews (unless the develop edits are modifying the original file making us think the Smart Preview is out of date) to be sent.

-

Guido

My images are full-resolution ~22mp Canon 5D Mark III RAW files so they're fairly large. Even if I only make one basic change such as exposure changes, I saw the issue. By "save to the original file" I'm assuming metadata changes such as timestamps, otherwise edits to the images aren't actually written to the original file. I'm only doing develop module edits so I shouldn't be touching the original file at all at this point in my workflow.

I think it makes sense now that you mention that new JPEG previews need to be generated and sent to the cloud due to updated develop edits. My concern is that this seems to be done in real-time as opposed to how Lightroom Desktop works (which is to render a new Standard Preview or 1:1 Preview on demand, which means only one is being rendered at any given time while viewing it in Loupe View or possibly 2 in Compare View). If I edit, for example, 10 images quickly in a row, once the sync kicks in a few seconds later, editing the 11th image is severely hindered due to the previous 10 images' JPEG previews being rendered and sync'd to the cloud (I'm assuming the upload portion doesn't take much CPU, but the JPEG render will utilize CPU resources to the fullest if it can). Rendering Standard/1:1 Previews locally and being able to walk away while the process finishes works because it is at the start of my workflow, but having to deal with on-the-fly preview rendering while I'm editing greatly impacts my ability to edit. Perhaps there can be a way to limit max CPU utilization for background sync tasks?

It may help to know that I'm running a dual-monitor setup, with Lightroom on a 27" 2560x1440 display maximized to fit the display (2nd display not running LR's 2nd monitor). Since I'm using a retina iPad, the optimal Standard Previews resolution should be the same at 2880 pixels.

Thanks again for the help!

• 4. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                jkuophoto Level 1

Hi Guido,

I'm once again back to working on the catalog/collections I have synced to the cloud. My CPU is constantly running at 100% the entire time I'm editing due to the sync process generating previews on-the-fly such that if I have more than 2-3 photos syncing, the next image is almost impossible to work on due to any changes (entirely basic edits: exposure, contrast, highlights/shadows, clarity, temp/tint) taking forever to update. My system is fairly high end and if I'm having these issues, I'm surprised it's not crippling other machines since it's definitely crippling my workflow. I just want to help out in any way I can to make this experience better for everyone. Please let me know if there's anything I can help test, or if I need to make a video showing what's happening, etc.

• 5. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                  greule Adobe Employee

Does the cpu goes down when you turn off Lr sync ? Do you restart your computer from time to time?...or is the machine always running? - Guido

• 6. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                    jkuophoto Level 1

Hi Guido,

Yes, the CPU goes back to normal levels immediately after un-syncing the collection (other collections still synced). It completely returns to the behavior I've seen prior to Lr sync and runs as expected (whether this is fast or slow is subjective, I may be one of those few affected by the slow performance issues, but relatively speaking it goes back to 'normal'). Since I only plan to use Lr sync for culling, one solution may be to disable the sync once I'm ready to start editing to avoid this issue.

The machine sometimes runs for days or weeks but always gets a reboot whenever things slow down. My OS is fairly stable and I also free up RAM by closing other programs or killing processes as needed and also restart Lightroom itself if it starts using over 3GB of RAM to help give it a fresh start.

Thanks again for the support!

-Jeff

• 7. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                      greule Adobe Employee

You can also turn of sync via the acitvity center, the place where you normally sign-in. There is a toggle where you can turn off sync. There is no need to un-sync  a collection.

-

Guido

• 8. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                        jkuophoto Level 1

Thanks for the tip Guido, that helps a lot. I assume I can deactivate sync and then reactivate it when I'm ready to allow all my changes to be synced back (for example, when I'm on break and not working)?

I've run into another issue, which might deserve a discussion of its own. All the culling I did on my iPad last night (pick flags) was not synced from the iPad. It continues to say last sync was 7/12/2014. I can see the updated changes on Lightroom Web but the changes have not been synced back to my Lightroom catalog itself. This is a major concern since there's no way to force the sync and if I delete the cloud files (which seems to be the main solution to most cloud sync problems), I'll lose those changes and they won't be pushed back to Lightroom Desktop.

lightroom_ipad_sync.PNG

• 9. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                          greule Adobe Employee

Could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

-

Guido

• 10. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                            jkuophoto Level 1

Hi Guido,

I'd be happy to generate the log. Ever since my last message, I managed to get the pick flags synced by changing the exposure value of one image, which caused the sync to be pushed to the cloud again (although the "last sync" still said 7/12 rather than 7/25). Since the issue is somewhat fixed, I'm wondering if the log I generate now won't show any issues. I'll PM it to you anyway so perhaps you can see what's going on.

Thanks again,

Jeff

• 11. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                              JoseRubio

Hi Jeff,

I'm having exactly the same issues as you:

- LR very slow/laggy when making small edits (exposure, etc) while Mobile sync is turned-on

- I also have a fast computer, MacBook Pro Retina, Core i7 with external 27" 2560x1440 display

As best as I can tell, the issue seems to be caused by two things:

- rendering previews/smart previews for the large display

- additionally rendering previews/smart previews for syncing with mobile sync (which seems to happen even though previews/smart previews already exist for the large display--I would think those were good enough so no need to re-render for mobile sync).

When I turn off mobile sync, performance returns to "normal" (same "normal" as you--not blazing fast, but reasonable...I use 36 MP Nikon D800).

When I switch to a totally different computer (MacBook Air), which has a significantly less powerful CPU than the one I'm describing above, AND turn off mobile sync, performance in excellent.

I have connected this excellent performance to:

- the computer not having to render previews for such a large display (2560*1440 = 3.6 MP), instead only 1440*990 = 1.3 MP.  So my main computer has to render 2.8x more pixels than my MacBook Air, which despite having a more powerful CPU, it can't handle as efficiently.  It may even be rendering previews for the MacBook Pro Retina display for all I know (2880*1800 = 5.2 MP, so it might actually be rendering 4X more pixels than the MacBook Air).  Ouch!

- the computer not having to render previews for mobile sync because I have that turned off.

It seems like a good solution would be to:

- reuse previews/smart previews that are rendered for large displays for mobile sync

- have a toggle that allows you to delay mobile sync after some number of minutes of inactivity (I usually leave LR running so that would work great).

Any thoughts?

Jose

• 12. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                jkuophoto Level 1

Hi Jose,

Since rendering standard previews needs to happen whenever you're using LR (with or without mobile sync), I think the main lagging issue is your 2nd point, as also pointed out by greule, which is simply that mobile sync needs a new version of the regular previews (not the smart previews if I understood correctly, since smart previews work perfectly fine for offline editing) and can only accomplish this by rendering a new preview whenever an image is edited. This is understandable but frustrating since normally, we initiate the preview rendering on-demand when not using mobile sync or manually by selecting "render previews". It seems mobile sync takes control of this and starts to render an edited image's new preview immediately (or close enough to immediately) which generally eats up all the CPU, leaving none for the next image you'd like to edit, resulting in horrendous lag.

When you mention performance on your Macbook Air is "excellent" I'm assuming it's even better than the "normal" you describe on your Macbook Pro Retina. Is that true? Since you should be able to see and set the size of the previews being rendered (by clicking Edit -> Catalog Settings -> File Handling), it doesn't make sense that the rendered preview is the issue. Perhaps you can try to set the Standard Preview Size to the same for both computers to see how they perform (with mobile sync disabled). I'm also personally curious because my computer should be blazing fast and yet has been, in my opinion, giving sub-par performance since Lightroom 4. After a ton of research through the years (sparked whenever LR drives me nuts with how slow it can get), I've found that part of the lag is due to high resolution displays since the entire LR window is drawn by the CPU (you should be able to verify this by hitting shift+tab several times in a row to hide/show the side bars and filmstrip and seeing that this uses one entire cpu core to the max). I'm not entirely sure why Adobe chose to not utilize the GPU to draw the windows (NOT the same as using the GPU to render or perform any actual computational work on images). Anyway, enough complaining about that, it's been an issue for so long that I've lost hope of them fixing it

I completely agree with your solution to have a toggle or setting to delay rendering of whatever mobile sync needs or to have LR detect a set idle time to start rendering the new previews for upload. I also leave LR running essentially all day, but for others, perhaps adding a message when you close LR before mobile sync previews are rendered and uploaded that asks if you'd like to allow LR to complete these tasks before closing the program would really help.

Can anyone from Adobe chime in? My LR mobile trial has ended and considering my limited experience, I chose not to pay for Adobe Cloud at this time. I'd really like to see performance for LR improve as a whole, though I understand a huge reason a lot of performance issues exist is due to the non-destructive nature of the edits. I'm soooo tempted to build a new computer just to make LR run faster but there's too much evidence online stating that this isn't even a guaranteed solution.

-Jeff

• 13. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                  JoseRubio Level 1

Hi Jeff,

I think you're right on the first point.  Thanks.

Yes, the Macbook Air to me seems better than the Macbook Pro Retina. On both computers the preview sizes are 2880 px so this is peculiar.  So it must be the high res display, or rather the area of the photo visible when using a high res display (not including thumbnails, controls, etc).  Yes, they should use the GPU more.  Was surprised there wasn't some "enable GPU" switch somewhere.

Well, thanks for the discussion and for clarifying a few things for me.

Jose

• 14. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                    jkuophoto Level 1

Hi Jose,

I just wanted to clarify something for my own curiosity:

The Macbook Pro is connected to the 27" monitor and are both monitors (laptop's and external) being used as displays in a dual-display, non-mirrored configuration? I suffer from (IMO) pretty bad performance and have always wondered if it has anything to do with the dual displays (even when LR isn't using the 2nd display). Could you try unplugging the external display and seeing if your Macbook Pro performs any better as a single display? Or if you think the Macbook Pro's display is being rendered at Retina resolutions, disable the Macbook Pro's display if possible and use the 27" monitor as a single monitor display?

It really amazes me when the Macbook Air should be severely underpowered relative to the Macbook Pro. Obviously one should not base their purchase on one underperforming piece of software, but it's frustrating that we invest in powerful computers that result in worse performance.

Glad to help!

-Jeff

• 15. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                      JoseRubio Level 1

Hi Jeff,

Performance seems about the same whether the external display is plugged in or not.  BTW, I don't use it in a dual display setup.  It's either the laptop by itself (retina res--ouch!) or the external by itself.

The mobile sync is the worst part of the problem.  They need to fix that.

Jose

• 16. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                        Samoreen Level 2

greule wrote:

You can also turn of sync via the acitvity center, the place where you normally sign-in. There is a toggle where you can turn off sync. There is no need to un-sync  a collection.

Hi Guido,

Back to this issue...

Could you please elaborate on this? Where is this "activity center" ? On the device running LR Mobile ? On my iPad, I'm just seeing a "Disconnect" option that doesn't help in any way fixing this performance problem when editing images in a collection that is synchronized with LRMobile.

In LR Desktop ? I don't see any "Turn off syncing" or similar button in the Lightroom Mobile tab of the Preferences dialog in LR Desktop.

Thanks in advance.

• 17. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                          greule Adobe Employee

See the attached screenshot. There is a "Sync with Lr Mobile" toggle within Lr Desktop

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 14.35.02.png

• 18. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                            Samoreen Level 2

Am I that blind?

Thanks very much, Guido.

• 19. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                              Timothy Gonsalves

Hi Guido,

I'm using LR 7.6.2 on Mac OS X 10.10.5.  I do not see any way to turn of sync in the Activity Centre.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 8.21.08 pm.png

When I start up LR, it asks if I want to signin, I click "Cancel" but it still uses 100% CPU.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 8.20.25 pm.png

The only way I've found to get around this problem is to disconnect the network and only then start LR, then shutdown LR before connecting the network.  Of course, this is very inconvenient.  Note that I use LR only on this one desktop and have no desire to sync with the cloud or any other device.

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated.

-- TAG

• 20. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                                Timothy Gonsalves Level 1

More info on the problem:  today, I found my hard disk was full.  After some investigation, I found that about 50 GB was occupied by some log files name PDApp*.log.  Further investigation showed that these log files were being written by LR when the laptop is connected to the network, i.e. when it is using 100% CPU.  It writes several thousand lines of log messages per second.  Part of the log file is appended below.  Note that all the messages are INFO, there are no ERROR or FATAL msgs.

Any help in solving this issue would be appreciated.

-- TAG

----------------- PDApp.log ----------------------

10/25/15 12:42:33:307 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Build Version - 9.0.1.21

10/25/15 12:42:33:307 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

10/25/15 12:42:33:307 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Creating IMSLib instance ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | Build Version - 9.0.1.21

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | Creating IMSLib instance ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | Build Version - 9.0.1.21

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | Creating IMSLib instance ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | Build Version - 9.0.1.21

10/25/15 12:42:33:308 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489563 | OPMWrapper allocation succeeded

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib_OPMWrapper |  |  | 489563 | Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey domain:OOBE subDomain:ProxyCredentials key:ProxyUsername

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489563 | Failed to get proxy user name from local db in getProxyCredentialsFromLocalStore

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Failed get proxy credentials from local store while creating IMSLib instance ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Performing fetch accounts...

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib_OPMWrapper |  |  | 489563 | Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey domain:IMSLib subDomain:CSServiceMap key:Lightroom2

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | No default user detected for requested clientId while invoking IMS_fetchAccounts

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | Performing opm_getRecords...

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getRecords

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Releasing IMSLib instance

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489563 | Released OPM refrence successfully in opm_freeLibRef

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489563 | OPM reference freed

10/25/15 12:42:33:310 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | IMSLib instance released ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | Build Version - 9.0.1.21

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489561 | OPMWrapper allocation succeeded

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib_OPMWrapper |  |  | 489561 | Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey domain:OOBE subDomain:ProxyCredentials key:ProxyUsername

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489561 | Failed to get proxy user name from local db in getProxyCredentialsFromLocalStore

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | Failed get proxy credentials from local store while creating IMSLib instance ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:313 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | Performing fetch accounts...

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib_OPMWrapper |  |  | 489561 | Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey domain:IMSLib subDomain:CSServiceMap key:Lightroom2

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | No default user detected for requested clientId while invoking IMS_fetchAccounts

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | Performing opm_getRecords...

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getRecords

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | Releasing IMSLib instance

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489561 | Released OPM refrence successfully in opm_freeLibRef

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489561 | OPM reference freed

10/25/15 12:42:33:314 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489561 | IMSLib instance released ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:316 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | Build Version - 9.0.1.21

10/25/15 12:42:33:316 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489560 | OPMWrapper allocation succeeded

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib_OPMWrapper |  |  | 489560 | Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey domain:OOBE subDomain:ProxyCredentials key:ProxyUsername

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489560 | Failed to get proxy user name from local db in getProxyCredentialsFromLocalStore

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | Failed get proxy credentials from local store while creating IMSLib instance ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | Performing fetch accounts...

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib_OPMWrapper |  |  | 489560 | Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey domain:IMSLib subDomain:CSServiceMap key:Lightroom2

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | No default user detected for requested clientId while invoking IMS_fetchAccounts

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | Performing opm_getRecords...

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getRecords

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | Releasing IMSLib instance

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 489560 | Released OPM refrence successfully in opm_freeLibRef

10/25/15 12:42:33:317 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper |  |  | 489560 | OPM reference freed

10/25/15 12:42:33:318 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | IMSLib |  |  | 489560 | IMSLib instance released ...

10/25/15 12:42:33:320 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Build Version - 9.0.1.21

10/25/15 12:42:33:320 | [INFO] |  | ASU | IMSLib | IMSLib |  |  | 489563 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

----------------- PDApp.log ----------------------

• 21. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                                  billwooten770

I am having issues with windows 10. I have removed most of my images, left it on overnight, turned off: face recognition, sync, and etc. It wants to use 25% of CPU even though it has sat there overnight. I have a surface 3 pro with I5, 256gb ssd, and 8gb ram.

• 22. Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync - Extremely High CPU Usage/Sync Process Causes LR To Lag
                                                    Dustin Kerstein

Any updates on this issue? It would be great to have an option to suppress any LR mobile required work (preview building, syncing, etc.) until the computer is idle. The performance hit is so extreme on my computer (Microsoft Surface Pro 2) that I have to pause syncing and restart LR to work effectively.