3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 3:55 AM by EddieEdwin

Text is blurry in browser, probably because of scaling. How to fix?

EddieEdwin

Hi,

I've found a few topics with the same problem but I couldn't find a solution.

So here is the problem:

When I add text in Adobe Edge there is no problem, however when I test my website in a browser the text is a little blurry and hard to read. I think the problem has something to do with scaling. Is there a fix for this?

font_problem.jpg

Edit: It seems that the browser could also be the problem. The text is blurry in Chrome, but not in Internet Explorer.

• 1. Re: Text is blurry in browser, probably because of scaling. How to fix?
          VickiTuch Level 1

Hi there, I have the same issue, as soon as the browser viewport exceeds the actual size of animation then images/text pixcellate, worst is safari, chrome and firefox ok and dare I say IE seems the best!

What I have discovered if you zoom full amount in to the browser eg  + (safari)

the type and images are crisp! How annoying!

I wonder if there is a workaround to this? Need to solve asap or is it a browser rendering issue.

Definately an issue with responsive scaling in edge.

• 2. Re: Text is blurry in browser, probably because of scaling. How to fix?
            VickiTuch Level 1

Just found this:

Images and webfonts in a responsive composition can get blurry when scale is applied and your resize the browser. (3637583)

Browser limitation
            source: known issues

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Text is blurry in browser, probably because of scaling. How to fix?
              EddieEdwin Level 1

Ye it seems it's the browsers limitations. I noticed that the text looks better on different resolutions and different browsers. For example: a screen with a lower resolution than the stage has a bad quality in chrome because of rescaling, however it's quality is better on IE even if your screen has a lower res. Hate to say it but internet explorer seems to works better with rescaling. (still not gonna use it tho)

Guess we just got to live with the blurry text for now eh?

Still think it's a stupid thing that Edge doesn't scale text by changing the font size but instead changing the percentage (scaling with the stage), making it blurry in the process. At least that's how I look at it haha