8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 8:39 AM by A.T. Romano

ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?

PAPOU

Comment installer un ecran de contrôle externe avec PE 10 ?

• 1. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

PAPOU

The Adobe Translate button is not working at this time. I tried to translate what you wrote based on my limited knowledge of French and Google Translate.

According to Google Translate...

SCREEN CONTROL EXTERNAL HOW TO INSTALL WITH PE 10?

This Question is Not Answered.
          PAPOU Community Member
          PAPOU Jul 16, 2014 11:19 AM

How to install Desktop external control with PE 10?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And does your computer use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

What do you mean by "Desktop External Control"?

a. Are you asking how to set up in Display for a two monitor system which is to be used in Premiere Elements 10?

If so, what do you have now....a laptop computer which comes with a monitor or a desktop computer to which you have attached monitor 1?

or

b. Are you asking how to create a desktop icon to open Premiere Elements 10 from the desktop?

Please clarify the problems in the translations.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
            PAPOU Level 1

Thank you very much for your help. I'll try to answer in english.

My computer is a laptop VAIO PRO Processor Intel I7

The Operating System is WINDOWS 7 Family

My aim is to set up an additional monitor in order to control the image quality simultaneously with the monitor of PE 10.

Is it possible ?

Thank you again

Papou

• 3. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
              PAPOU Level 1

Additional information about my VAIO laptop : graphic Card = NVidia GeForce GT 540M

Papou

• 4. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

PAPOU

Thanks you for all the information to support replying to your question.

1. There is a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card problem specific to Premiere Elements 10. The user has been forced to roll back the driver version to about May 2013 in order to get Premiere Elements 10 to work. Please see the announcement at the top of this forum which gives full information and the problem and how to resolve it. And, then decide if that applies to you. Any questions on this, please let me know.

2. To set up your Sony Vaio for an external monitor on which you will see a duplicate of the Sony Vaio monitor display....

Control Panel

Appearance and Personalization

Display

and then look to the left column of options and select "Change Display Settings".

In the area that opens, one of the settings will be for "Multiple Displays" which should have 4 options:

Duplicate these displays

Extend these displays

Show desktop only on 1

Show desktop only on 2

For what you described, you want to select "Duplicate these displays".

If you were interested in moving selected panels of the Premiere Elements 10 project to the second

computer, then select "Extend these displays". And, in Premiere Elements 10, go to Window Menu/Show Docking Headers

and click on it. At this point, you will be able to move panels, one example Monitor panel, to the second computer.

My connection between computer and 2nd monitor was the VGA type.

Please let us know if any of that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
                  PAPOU Level 1

Thank you so much for your help.

I intend to apply your suggested procedures within the next few days. I'll keep you posted.

Yours,

Papou

• 6. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

PAPOU

We will be watching for your results when your schedule permits.

But, we sure to check out the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue and determine if it applies to you. For your convenience, the following is a copy/paste of the Announcement about this matter which is posted at the top of this forum.

Announcement:Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

If you are a Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card and you are

experiencing Premiere Elements 10 display and/or unexplained program behavior, then your first line of troubleshooting

needs to be rolling back the video card driver version instead of assuring that it is up to date.

Since October 2013 to the present, there have been a growing number of reports about display and unexplained workflow

glitches specific to the Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer has a NVIDIA GeForce video card. If this applies

to you, then the “user to user” remedy is to roll back the NVIDIA GeForce video card driver as far as is necessary to get rid

of the problems. The typical driver roll back has gone back as far as March – July 2013 in order to get a working Premiere

Elements 10. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has taken any corrective action in this regard to date, and none is expected moving forward.

Since October 2013, the following thread has tried to keep up with the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA reports

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Older NVIDIA GeForce drivers can be found

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

A February 2014 overview of the situation as well as how to use the older NVIDIA GeForce drivers for the driver roll back can be found

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

ATR

• 7. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
                      PAPOU Level 1

Everything is O.K. Following your procedure, I can view, full screen,

the monitor of PE10 on my second screen. Many thanks for your Help.

guy de ranter

verte voie, 20

1348 louvain-la-neuve

010 45 52 10

0495 43 06 34

Le 17/07/2014 18:59, A.T. Romano a écrit : PAPOU

>

ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>

in /Premiere Elements/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/6559138#6559138>

• 8. Re: ECRAN DE CONTROLE EXTERNE COMMENT INSTALLER AVEC PE 10 ?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

PAPOU

We are very pleased with your results. Great news. Great job in working with the suggestion.

Your follow up is helpful to all and appreciated.

Please let us know if you have questions on your Premiere Elements workflows as you move forward with your projects.

Best wishes

ATR