4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2007 11:38 AM by fr3sh!

Realtime - Charting?

fr3sh!
      Hi!

I'm interested in Adobe's Flex Product, but I still wanted some more information about it.
      I have a database that is being updated every x seconds. My question is: Is it possible to visualize that data in a chart (this should be possible so far...) in realtime?
      I mean I don't want the user to press some sort of "refresh" Button, but I want the chart being updated as soon as new data is written to the database. Is this possible? If yes, which technologies (Flex Products) are neccessary to realize this?

Thanks a lot!

fr3sh!
        • 1. Re: Realtime - Charting?
          JeffreyGong Level 1
          Hi fr3sh,

It is Flex Data Services(Message Service and Data Management) that do this.

Jeffrey
          • 2. Re: Realtime - Charting?
            fr3sh! Level 1
            Thank you very much for your help.
            So I need Flex Builder 2 (incl. Charting) and on top the Flex Data Services?
            Is the free express edition of Flex Data Services enough or do I need bigger packages?
            I will realize this project on my computer, but when it's done there will be about 5 clients that will have to get access to the charts.
            I'm sorry for bothering you with this, but nobody could really help me with technical questions when I called adobe.

fr3sh
            • 3. Re: Realtime - Charting?
              JeffreyGong Level 1
              Hi fr3sh,

It's much better to use Flex Builder 2 (incl. Charting) to develope your FDS application although you can use any text editor. The free FDS express can be used to host one Flex application on a single CPU server, no matter how many clients.

You may download the trial FB2.0.1 along with FDS and test the examples there beforehand.

Jeffrey
              • 4. Re: Realtime - Charting?
                fr3sh! Level 1
                Hi!

Thanks a lot!
                I'll give it a try.

fr3sh