• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMS 5 - Enabling htcacheclean on Windows

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to enable htcacheclean for AMS on windows. I've performed the following steps:

1. Modified the ams.ini to enable htcacheclean:

1.a. Set SERVER.HTCACHECLEAN_ENABLED = true

1.b. Set SERVER.HTCACHEROOT = C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Media Server 5/Apache2.2/cacheroot

2. Updated the httpd.conf by uncommenting LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so

3. Double-checked the Server.xml htcacheclean block which looks like this:

<HtCacheClean enabled="${SERVER.HTCACHECLEAN_ENABLED}">

<Directory>Apache2.2/bin</Directory>

<Program>htcacheclean</Program>

<RequiredOptions>-p${SERVER.HTCACHEROOT} -d5 -l1024K</RequiredOptions>

<AdditionalOptions>-n -t -i</AdditionalOptions>

</HtCacheClean>

The htcacheclean tool doesn't seem to run or launch. I've checked the master.00.log and don't see AMS invoking the htcacheclean daemon:

2014-07-1618:04:244480(i)2571011Server starting...-
2014-07-1618:04:284480(i)2581413C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2\bin\httpd -f ./conf/httpd.conf -d "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\Apache2.2" -n AMSHttpd -k start returned 0:-
2014-07-1618:04:284480(i)2581224Edge (7580) started, arguments : -edgeports ":1935" -coreports "localhost:19350" -conf "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\conf\server.xml" -adaptor "_defaultRoot_" -name "_defaultRoot__edge1" -edgename "edge1".-
2014-07-1618:04:284480(i)2571111Server started (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\conf\server.xml).-

I've tried this on both a Windows 2010 Server and a Windows 7 Professional machine with identical results. Also, I've verified that I can run the htcacheclean tool manually without error from the command line.

Anyone have any idea of what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

launching htcacheclean from within AMS is available only on Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

launching htcacheclean from within AMS is available only on Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. You may want to update the comment in Server.xml to be more specific so other people are not mislead in the future as well: “The cache is enabled/cleaned by default on Linux only.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines