7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 1:44 PM by Jeff_Coatsworth

RoboHELP HTML version 11 offline activation?

KatharynBine Level 1

We've been fighting with figuring out the firewall rules to permit installation of RoboHELP HTML 11. I have a valid serial number.  The problem is that when I input the serial number and click the Submit button, the button changes to a "spinning circle" for a while, then displays a message that reads,

"Please connect to the Internet and retry. If you choose to conenct later, you will have 30 days to validate your serial number otherwise your software will stop working. If this computer cannot access the Internet, get more details at  http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated using an Internet enabled device."

At that URL, I am prompted to submit a request code and the serial number. My reaction: What is a request code and how do I get one so that I can obtain a response code and complete my installation, SEVEN WEEKS after I got the serial number.

Apparently generating the response code requires that I install a Provisioning tool on my computer. Tried generating a response code by going to the command line and typing the string (adobe_prtk --tool=Type1xception --generate --serial=<serialNumbergoesafterthebracketsdontincludethebrackets>

That didn't work--yes, Adobe techs, have a laugh but REALLY there's no explanation as to how to generate the response code in the installation wizard! I found the command by searching in Adobe's forums other than RoboHELP.
      I have a Technical Communication Suite trial DVD, which includes product information that states, "This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services." Phone activation is not available."

I would appreciate an answer as to how I can complete this installation and actually use RoboHELP 11, seven weeks after I started trying to install this product. Thank you.