2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 4:48 PM by Shua81

Collect files problem - no dialogue box, no error message

Shua81

Hi,

Having issues with one particular AE file. Trying to collect files for archiving purposes but nothing happens when I click on "Collect files". Sometimes it says document needs to be saved first, which it does and then nothing happens. No dialogue box, no error message. Checked with another AE file and it worked fine. Tried importing the problem file into a new AE file and same issue occurred.

I'm on

PC version

AE CC 2014.0

Windows 7

Anyone else seen this?

Cheers,

Josh

• 1. Re: Collect files problem - no dialogue box, no error message
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

WHat effects? What comps? What footage? You need to be more specific. Most of the time this happens eith certain effects that use specific licensing schemes and interfere with the process, but could just as well be a comp or footage with an odd name...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Collect files problem - no dialogue box, no error message
            Shua81 Level 1

Hi Mylenium,

The file has about 30 comps, with a huge variety of effects. It would take me longer to go through and work out what effects are in the comp than it would to go find the footage and images manually. Would have only used effects that come standard with AE. It's interesting that applied effects have an impact on finding footage files and copying them. I would have thought this process independent of the comps all together, but I guess software works in mysterious ways...

Footage looks like:

Sony XDCAM HD422 in MXF

AVCHD in MTS

Avid DNxHD 185 in Quicktime

PNGs

EPSs

What kind of footage or comp names would typically cause problems?

Cheers,

Josh