• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2014 gets stuck on Media Pending.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been having a bit of trouble with PPCC 2014 opening projects then getting stuck with all my footage and assets and after effects comps just displaying with 'Media Pending'. The program still works, opens, and I can save and click around so it's not crashing but nothing loads unless I force it to relink which obviously isn't great when I'm having to edit multiple large projects. These projects still open just fine on regular old Premiere Pro CC so I will continue using that for the time being.

Media Encoder is also having an issue with After Effects comps that are in Premiere Pro timelines and only display as 'Media Pending'.

Fortunately all these issues go away if I reboot my machine and try again straight away, but having to reboot my mac just to open a project or do a export isn't exactly preferable.

I have a Mac Pro (late 2013) with 10.9.4 with 16gb Ram and a AMD D500 3GB card.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been suffering with the same issues and has come across any fixes.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

The issue seems to have dissapeared. By starting up a clean project then, by using the "media browser" tab, I imported the project/sequence (although I have several sequences, I imported only one sequence. don't know how it would work by importing multiple sequences) and was good to go.

The project I am working with was created with CS6 and went on to CC and CC 2014. The problem appeared after upgrading to CC 2014.

Media pending, along with no playback, unresponsive buttons and having to force shu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue almost exactly. Anyone care to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME TOO!!! I try to open my projects, it shows "Media Pending," and it does not go any further. Plus it does not show anything loaded.  But once i reboot it doesn't open at all. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdobeFollower,

Please go to User/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

Delete all the files that are in Media cache and Media Cache folder.

Reopen Premiere Pro and launch the project and check.

If you have issues with After effects linked compositions. Then right click on the comps in the timeline, right click on it and select Edit original which will launch the composition in after effects and files will be online again.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vinay Dwivedi,

Im on mac what do i go on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common and check.

The AppData folder might be hidden so unhide the folders first. Please check the link below.

How to Unhide Folders in Windows 7: 8 Steps (with Pictures)

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on iMac, apple

the link takes me to windows unhiding folders for windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The first message has a path for MAC.

Please go to User/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

Delete all the files that are in Media cache and Media Cache folder.

User library folder is a hidden folder so Click on go menu on your mac and select "go to folders" option type ~/Library and click go.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for both the solution and the Go menu call out! YAY. Back in biznezz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a multicam sequence that all the video tracks would freeze on a certain frame (The audio would still play). This fixed my problem.

I just switched from FCPX to PPCC and just about regretted switching glad I found this.. still I shouldn't have to do this work around. Kind of ridiculous!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my, it`s midnight and my project is back on track.

Thank you, big thank you.

Deleting files from media cache and media cache folder helped for me.

Now i got all night to get this job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi toni,

Great!

Happy Editing.

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

I started having the same "hang on export to Media Encoder" when using the new "Master Clip" function in SpeedGrade CC. When I remove the master clip, the export works fine.

Thoughts?

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay

Unfortunately wiping the Media Cache doesn't work for me and the same issues still occur.

Hoping the recent Premiere update fixes it somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear that. Yes, please apply the update and after that again clean the media cache folder and check. Please also, mention the make and model of the graphics card and the driver version that is installed on the machine.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to find a bit of a fix for my issues.

For booting projects up I've moved all my footage from a networked drive to a local thunderbolt one and everything now loads in a flash.

I'm still having trouble with Media Encoder not connecting with Dynamic Link for After Effects work in Premiere projects however I've found that if I shut down all the Adobe apps, open activity monitor I will always find that 'aerendercore' has failed. Usually there are 2-3 'aerendercores' open all of which are red and say "not responding". I force quit them all, reopen PP and AE, send projects to Media Encoder and voila... no more Media Pending it actually connects. No idea how this works but hope that if anyone else has been having this issue with CC2014 apps that this will serve as a annoying but necessary fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

MattPopay wrote:

I'm still having trouble with Media Encoder not connecting with Dynamic Link for After Effects work in Premiere projects however I've found that if I shut down all the Adobe apps, open activity monitor I will always find that 'aerendercore' has failed. Usually there are 2-3 'aerendercores' open all of which are red and say "not responding". I force quit them all, reopen PP and AE, send projects to Media Encoder and voila... no more Media Pending it actually connects. No idea how this works but hope that if anyone else has been having this issue with CC2014 apps that this will serve as a annoying but necessary fix.

Can you contact technical support for this issue? Contact Customer Care

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just like to add that we are having this issue in our post production house as well. Affects several iMacs and Mac Pro's (2013). Yellow media pending until you restart the computer. Also noticed that Adobe Premiere Adobe QT32 Server, and some other Quicktime Component often freeze up and show as "Not Responding" in the activity monitor. You have to force quit the computer since it will stop from a proper shut down.

This happens both on OS X 10.10 as well as 10.9.5 machines. All connected to a local SMB3 network.

Seems like there's a bunch of people with this issue out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, in Project Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my post from another thread concerning the same issue:

----

I got through Adobe to connect to me remotely to solve this problem twice. They cleaned the cache and preferences and renamed my Adobe folder under applications (don't exactly know how thy did it.) The problem disappeared only to come back after a little while. No video playback, unresponsive buttons - but playable audio, and media pending for all clips. I told them to report this to tech support. This was about a month ago but no updates still..I know I hadn't had this issue neither with CS6 nor with CC.

I am currently rendering my project after changing the sequence's editing mode to Quicktime ProRes Proxy to see if it will help. Preview is still preview but as you said maybe the issue is to be with preview settings set to i-frame mpeg. I have read about the mpeg importer plugin to be an issue in previous versions of premiere pro concerning issues with media pending but i might be wrong.

---

After changing the sequence settings to Prores Proxy (or if you don't have these codecs installed you may try another codec or google "Prores codec install" and have them installed) the problem cleared away. I have looped the timeline and played it over and over for a couple of hours without the issue surfacing.

For Adobe support and for others to know here is a wiki concerning the issue in CS5. FAQ:Why does my clip show as "media pending"? - Adobe Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to have dissapeared. By starting up a clean project then, by using the "media browser" tab, I imported the project/sequence (although I have several sequences, I imported only one sequence. don't know how it would work by importing multiple sequences) and was good to go.

The project I am working with was created with CS6 and went on to CC and CC 2014. The problem appeared after upgrading to CC 2014.

Media pending, along with no playback, unresponsive buttons and having to force shutdown (on mac)  have not appeared for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue of excessive Media Pending which I did not encounter prior to CC 2014.

• Have tried importing the sequences into a new clean project, but it had no effect.
  • Tried changing sequence settings from i-frame mpeg to ProRes proxy as suggested above. Also no effect.
  • Switched Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, in Project Settings. Also no effect.
  • Changed Preview scratch disk to a dedicated external drive. No help.
  • Created a new Admin account on Windows 7 PC. Nope.

What else can I try short of a full uninstall / reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with media pending off an on for two days now. I've tried the cache tricks people have mentioned it worked once but a few hours later the problem came back. I tried the cache trick again and no luck, media still pending.

If it helps I'm working on a mid-2011 27in imac, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 24GB of RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M. I'm running the latest version of Premiere CC 2014. It had been working fine until the last couple of days.

I guess I should do a fresh install of premiere? I'd like to avoid it if possible... but I can if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BOI-Brian,

Did you ingest files from the Media Browser?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing everything I've read in this thread to no avail. I wasn't having trouble with "Media Pending" in the bin, but on the timeline.

My solution came by changing the attributes of the videos on my sequence. If I changed the scale from 100% to 100.1%, the specific clip on my timeline would start to display correctly. I don't know what that indicates, but everything is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines