5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 1:33 AM by mraku

Can't Open InDesign CC 2014

LindaDininger

Installed InDesign CC 2014.  Tried to open the program and received error:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2014\InDesign.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

• 1. Re: Can't Open InDesign CC 2014
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Try rebooting. Also try logging in with a different user account on the computer. let us know if either works.

• 2. Re: Can't Open InDesign CC 2014
            LindaDininger Level 1

Already had tried both with no luck.

• 3. Re: Can't Open InDesign CC 2014
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

We don't know if you don't tell us.

You should probably reinstall.

• 4. Re: Can't Open InDesign CC 2014
                LindaDininger Level 1

I have uninstalled then reinstalled (twice).  I have uninstalled older versions of InDesign.  I have rebooted the system.  I have repeated all of those in different orders, just in case there was some magic in there.

• 5. Re: Can't Open InDesign CC 2014
                  mraku

Given that you have had previous installations (like InDesign CS6) navigate to

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 10.0\en_GB\Caches

and try to remove the contents of InDesign Recovery folder except for the file called RecoveryData. I also deleted InDesign ClipboardScrap files.

Then I went to

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

and noticed, that I had "Adobe InDesign" folder that contained PREVIOUS installation (9.0) and "InDesign" folder with the current version (10.0). I deleted first folder (Adobe InDesign), renamed "InDesign" to "Adobe InDesign" went into it:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe InDesign\Version 10.0\en_GB

and renamed InDesign Defaults (InDesign will recreate the file during opening, but you'll probably have to backup the workspace files.)

Then with the heart in my throat I launched InDesign and it f**king worked!!!

If that doesn't do for you mail me at michalkampa83@gmail.com because I recreated the procedure from memory so I could have forgotten something important! But I'm 99% sure it was all I did.

HOPE it works for all of you too!