3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 8:03 PM by A.T. Romano

burning movie to disk...system froze now the movies GONE!

Shinehearing00

I was burning my movie to disk...then the program froze.  When I restarted my computer the movie is GONE and I can't find it anywhere. PLEASE HELP!  Im using premiere elements 11 on an iMac.

• 1. Re: burning movie to disk...system froze now the movies GONE!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Shinehearing00

Premiere Elements 11 Mac.

What are you actually missing - the Premiere Elements 11 project file (project.prel) or the source media that was imported into the Timeline content that you were burning to DVD disc?

If the source video, that should be found at its hard drive save location intact. When you import a file into the project, you have only the copy of the original in the project. But, the copy in Premiere Elements must trace back to the original at its location when it was imported into Premiere Elements.

If you did not have the project saved, look for a possible AutoSave in the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoFiles Folder wherever that is located on the Mac computer. I am strictly an Elements Windows user who tries to find common ground on these Premiere Elements Windows Mac issues.

We will be watching for our reply. Do not move, delete, or rename any of the source video that went into this project.

ATR

• 2. Re: burning movie to disk...system froze now the movies GONE!
            Shinehearing00 Level 1

This is what is happening now .....After the program froze I turned my computer off then rebooted it.  I opened up adobe premiere and went to my Recent Projects and clicked on the movie title.  It showed that it was loading like usual but the whole screen was white.  Then Adobe premiere automatically shut down once it said it was loaded (it didn't show it was loaded... it just SAID it was).  I have tried that over and over and each time it forced Adobe premiere closed.  THEN I went to my hard drive on my computer where the .prel file was supposed to be and I can't find it anywhere.  However, I finally found the .prel file in the Autosave folder but when I click on it it tries to open then Adobe crashes again.  My guess (although ignorant) is that I have  a corrupted file???? HELP!!

• 3. Re: burning movie to disk...system froze now the movies GONE!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Shinehearing00

While I try to plot some troubleshooting strategy, please read through the Adobe troubleshooting document on troubleshooting damaged projects.

Troubleshoot damaged projects | Adobe Premiere Elements

Let us start with a classic....deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

User/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0 and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

I am hoping that one of the Adobe troubleshooting solutions in that document will help resolve your issue.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR