5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 7:47 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere elements 12

skydiverC7

is there a way to make and save a custom edit as a template so that music and transitions/special effects are at same location on  timeline that way all u need to do to make multiple different edits is swap out media.

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

skydiverC7

I will give this some thought and reply in full in the morning.

Do you have Photoshop Elements 12 as well as Premiere Elements 12?

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12
            skydiverC7 Level 1

I only have premiere elements 12

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

skydiverC7

Thanks for the reply.

I have not forgotten about your question regarding creating templates in Premiere Elements. I am in the process of compiling

my thoughts and examples (and facts) on that.  There are possibilities but not with everything in one file. Some of the problems include:

a. not being able in all cases to maintain a file's transparency in the export

b. getting an export with editable text in all situations

c. other

One thought might be to set up a dummy project for each template. And, then you would open the dummy project copy to work

with that template in the opened copy.

Titles can be created in the Titler and saved to the computer hard drive as .prtl files. These .prtl files can be opened in other

Premiere Elements projects. Have you looked at the Title Templates that come with the program? These can be used as is

or customized in the Titler. These Title Templates also lend themselves to being saved as .prtl files to the computer hard drive

and then use in other projects.

I will try to get back to this tomorrow. Can you give some examples of specific templates that you are seeking?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12
                skydiverC7 Level 1

Thank you so much for ur reply I rly like the idea u said about dummy projects and as for templates that I ha in mind it's just like current edit I have done I want to just be able to keep the song and transitions there and switch media pics and videos and if a quick way is out there to do it. I will try the options u have me thank u so much for the quick reply

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

skydiver

Last night I made some significant advances in some non dummy projects ways to create some templates in Premiere Elements that can be used in other projects.

If not so many detours today, I am hoping to put the information together for posting by midnight.

ATR