4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 10:16 PM by Res.Luethi

MPEG2 Component activation as normal user

Res.Luethi Level 1

Our users with normal privileges (non admins) using ADOBE Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64-Bit are running in to UAC when MPEG2 Component activation happens.Does there exists any possibility to preinstall this component (and even others) during silent installation of ADOBE Premiere Elements 12 (happens with SCCM 2012 as lokal admin)?

Thanks for any answer

Andreas

• 1. Re: MPEG2 Component activation as normal user
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Andreas

Are you coming from a school or company situation (volume license) with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit?

If so, you would be best served contacting Adobe via its Adobe Chat since this is not Adobe, but rather user to user where you would have to wait for a user who

has first hand experience with the specialized topic of silent installation of Premiere Elements 12 or other.

Please use the following link to try to reach Adobe (volume license) via the Adobe Chat

Contact Customer Care

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: MPEG2 Component activation as normal user
            Res.Luethi Level 1

Dear ATR

Thanks for your answer - I am coming from a company with a volume license agreement and silent installation of PRE 12 works fine. The only problem is as mentioned the UAC when MPEG2 Component activation happens (during/after rendering). If a "normal" user cancels the UAC (trying to register the two files C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\mc_dec_mpa_ds.ax and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\32\mc_dec_mp2v_ds.ax), rendering works anyway and no UAC appears in future!? Giving the necessary permissions on this files doesn't work...

Unfortunately Adobe Chat for me is unusable!

Thanks for any further suggestions.

Andreas

• 3. Re: MPEG2 Component activation as normal user
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Andreas

I have not forgotten your question which targeted the MPEG2 Component Activation in particular

Does there exists any possibility to preinstall this component (and even others) during silent installation of ADOBE Premiere Elements 12 (happens with SCCM 2012 as lokal admin)?

I suspect that the answer to your question is No. But, "No" may just reflect my lack of experience with Silent Installation and Volume Licensing. But, I do see this as having application to UAC Control, the specific type of User Account that the program is being run from, and activation of a specific program feature beyond a business environment.

But, I would ask "Just how often do you run into needed feature activations once the program is installed and the feature(s) has/have been activated once via your Internet connection?

ATR

• 4. Re: MPEG2 Component activation as normal user
                Res.Luethi Level 1

Hello ATR

In our company we will have about 55 installations of PRE 12 and I suppose that all of them will run once in a situation of an activation of a component. And its sure that this will generate a lot of questions about UAC, why, how to and so on... Therefore our team of the onsite support will have a lot of work. Too bad and unnecessary!

Andreas