3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2014 4:43 AM by RikkFlohr

work on files across platform mac pc

Marcy&Kim

Hi, Is it possible and is there an easy to work on files in lightroom on a mac and then transfer the edited files to a pc into an existing LRE catalog?

I have LRE on my pc but want to do some work for a short period of time on someone else's mac. I would like to then be able to preserve my work and have it on my pc.

Thank you

• 1. Re: work on files across platform mac pc
          RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

In much abbreviated form...

1. Take the files you want to edit else where and select them all on your PC.

2. Export as a Catalog including the Image Files.

3. Transfer that exported catalog to the Mac (External Hard Drive is a common method)

4. Open the transferred catalog on the Mac and work on your images.

5. When done, select all and Export as a Catalog.

6. Transfer this new exported catalog with the edits back to the PC.

7. Open your Original Catalog on the PC and Import From Another Catalog and point to the Catalog from Step 6.

• 2. Re: work on files across platform mac pc
            Marcy&Kim Level 1

Thank you for your reply. If I can ask you more specifically, I will be shooting in a remote location and then want to import files to a mac, work on some of the images in LRE and then when I leave take them with me. So if i understand I can do this easily my exporting the catalog of files I worked on on the mac and then importing that catalog into the catolog on my pc when I get home. Could please confirm this? Thanks very much.

• 3. Re: work on files across platform mac pc
              RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Yes. In this specific case you are replacing steps 1-4  with "Import onto Mac and Work on your images"