• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I authorise my kobo app....?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have ePub books in Dropbox .... They transfer to my kobo library but won't open ... Message reads: "this book is protected with Adobe digital rights manager.  You'll need to sign in with your adobe ID to authorise this app before reading this book".    How do I do this.   I have downloaded adobe and signed in but it makes no difference and I can't find a reference to authorising apps on either package!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to contact Kobo technical support. Adobe Reader has absolutely nothing to do with this process, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Settings

Select the Option Sign in to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Thank you for this straightforward answer; I was having the same issue and went to Kobo's Settings and signed into Adobe, as you suggested. This worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. That worked. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone added these suggestions to try:

I have some possible solutions for the person asking about problems with Kobo. I went through this extensively with Kobo last year.

They have to make sure that their Kobo authorization email is exactly the same as the one that are using in Adobe Digital Editions and your Adobe login email address. If that doesn't fix it, then it's possible that the download to your DropBox is considered your legal download and it will not allow you to download your books to another platform.

You also might try to double-click on the epub file that you just downloaded from your DropBox so you can save the file to ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines