1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 2:51 PM by A.T. Romano

Can I process a video that has 50fps @ 300% to 30fps?

terrence.a.foster

Hey all,

I need HELP. I have a video editing project for work and my system isn't working.

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 12.

I have a video that is 50fps. I need to speed it up to 300% and then export it as a HDTV 1080p 29.97fps .mgp.

Is this possible? What tips or tricks do you have to make this easier on me?

Thank you SO. MUCH.

~T

• 1. Re: Can I process a video that has 50fps @ 300% to 30fps?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

terrence.a.foster

I will assume for now that your Premiere Elements 12 is on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

(As an aside, please update from 12 to 12.1 via a project's Help Menu/Update.

Have you worked through the following to your goal....

Project Preset = PAL AVCHD AVCHD 1080p50

Import your file into the Expert workspace, Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets.

From Project Assets drag your file to the Timeline Video Track 1.

Right click the file there, select Time Stretch and set the Speed % = 300. Render the Timeline content by pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard or the Render button above the Timeline.

Export Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with preset = HDTV 1080p25 High Quality.

I was not sure what to make of your "HDTV 1080p 29.97fps .mgp"

Since your source has a typically PAL frame rate 50 progressive frames per second, not sure why you would we using the typically NTSC frame rate 29.97 progressive frames per second instead of PAL's 25. I guessed that mgp was a typing error, and that you mean to type mpeg, indicating the Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG export path.

You could also look at Tool Menu/Time Remapping for the 300% Fast Motion effect (See setting between Forward/Fast 2X and Very Fast 4X).

Please review and clarify and let us know if the above works for you.

Thank you.

ATR