9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 7:25 PM by A.T. Romano

images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)

Tjedic6

I have been placing faces over those in a existing video. Everything is lined up properly in the editing windows but when I export to f4v or any other file type, the faces are not where they were prior to export and the effect is ruined when the faces are only 1/2 covered. Thoughts?

• 1. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tjedic6

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And, does that computer use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card? If so, then please immediately go to the Announcment on Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce at the top of this forum and rule in or out whether it applies to your Premiere Elements 10 setup.

If you fix that or rule it out, then onward....

1. What project preset are you setting for your project?

2. What are the properties of your source media which should be matching the project preset details.

3. What are the details of your "f4v" export? Apparently, Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video and then what...

Since there are only two f4v presets, you must be using either

F4V - HD1080p (Flash 9 and Higher)

or

F4V - HD720p (Flash 9 and Higher)

Do you use the defaults for either of these presets or do you customized the Export Settings under the

Advanced Button of the preset?

The following is a screenshot under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the F4V - HD1080p (Flash 9 and Higher) preset.

version10 AdvancedButton.JPG

I suspect a mismatch in your settings somewhere. Your details will help us to find the answers.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
            Tjedic6 Level 1

Thanks for the response

I'm running windows 8 pro with an NVIDEA card. The drivers are rolled back to no effect.

1. I am using default settings for my project

2. I am using mp4 source files for video and psd files for the images

3. I am attempting to share using:    F4V - HD1080p (Flash 9 and Higher)    and my export screen looks identical to the one that you posted.

• 3. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tjedico

If you are using the default project settings for Premiere Elements 10, then you are using NTSC DV Standard 4:3 and you are going with the F4V - HD1080p30 export setting which is 16:9. Please confirm those details.

And, if you are really using the project preset of NTSC DV Standard 4:3, what are the properties of what you have on the project's Timeline. It is 4:3 or 16:9 video and does it fill the Edit area monitor when the file is on the project's Timeline?

To confirm your project settings, please tell me what you see for Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and its readings for:

Editing Mode

Timebase

Frame Size

Pixel Aspect Ratio

even if those field look grayed out.

Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue may be also involved, but right now I am concerned about the project settings coupled with your export settings.

We will be watching for details requested.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
                Tjedic6 Level 1

Editing Mode:             DV NTSC

Timebase:                  29.97 FPS

Frame Size                720      -    480

Pixel Aspect Ratio:     D1/DV NTSC (0.9091)

• 5. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Tjedico

Thank you for your reply.

I suspect that your issue targets a 4:3 source going to a 16:9 end product. To prove or disprove this, please try the following.

Use the same Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video and its preset F4V HD1080p (Flash 9 and higher), but modify the export settings under

the Advanced Button of the preset so that the preset reflects a 720 x 480 4:3 and not some 16:9 export.

F4V.JPG

If the image is not clear enough, please click on it to bring up the clear view.

Depending on your results, we might discuss alternative source footage format and export settings.

All the high definition formats are 16:9.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
                    Tjedic6 Level 1

When I tried that, the exported product became darker and pixelated to the point that  it was unclear weather the heads were int he right place or not.

Also, I do not need to export at this resolution level if that makes things easier.

• 7. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Tjedic6

Thanks for your reply. It is unclear why the exported product (as detailed) exported as darker and pixelated.

I have Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit, went through the suggestion, and the export here was fine for what you asked.

Let us go over those export settings (as shown in the screenshot in post numbered 5.

Video Codec = Main Concept H.264 Video

Frame Width = 720

Frame Height = 480

Frame Rate = 29.97

Field Order = Lower

Profile = High

Level = 4.1

Bitrate Encoding = VBR, 2 Pass

Target Bitrate = 5.4 Mbps (megabits per second)

Maximum Bitrate = 5.4 Mbps (megabits per second)

Please verify that the above is what you used and please give that another try.

If the same darker and pixelated results persist, then we need to take a closer look at your Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce situation.

What specific NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card does your computer with the Premiere Elements 10 use? And what is the driver version

and dating for the card? (See Device Manager/Display Adapters/NVIDIA card.....)

Pixelation from 720 x 480 4:3 to 1920 x 1080 16:9 might be expected, but 720 x 480 to 720 x 480?

We will be looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
                        Tjedic6 Level 1

I was indeed using those settings and I have since discovered the problem. The video players that I was using to test my files was having a hard time with the file f4v type. I resolved this by opening them with GOM player and all of the videos are working flawlessly.

Thanks for your help and attention to my particular issue.

• 9. Re: images following a motion path shift slightly after export to .f4v (PE10)
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tjedoc6

Thanks for the follow up with great news of success. You did a great job sorting through the troubleshooting to arrive at your solution.

Very impressive.

Best wishes moving forward.

Please do not hesitate to ask if we can be of assistance with your Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR