Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 FORM variables not detected

Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed ColdFusion 11 onto a Windows 8.1 desktop running IIS8. I have been developing ASP.Net applications on this configuration without any problems.

When I create a simple HTML page with a FORM, posting to a CFM page that references form variables through #FORM.variablename# I get an error saying variablename is undefined. The simple FORM page contains only textboxes, no checkboxes and even when I convert the simple HTML page into a CFM page and use <cfform> it makes no difference.

I have used FIDDLER to monitor the traffic and have verified that the request to the CFM page is a POST and that the body has the form variables as is expected.

I have also run this setup with the same CFM pages on a Windows 7 desktop without issue, so I am confident it is nothing to do with the code, but the setup of ColdFusion and/or the configuration within IIS.

Anyone else seen this or have an idea where to start ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check to see if the variables are coming in as URL.variablename instead. Could you show us the content of the form page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation