7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2014 1:48 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I find the location of my catalogs?

Damax99 Level 1

How do I find the location of my catalogs on Elements?

• 1. Re: How do I find the location of my catalogs?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Damax99

What version of Premiere Elements (presumed since you are posting in the Premiere Elements Forum) and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12/12.1 with its Elements Organizer 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Catalogs

and in the Catalogs Folder should be a folder with the name of your catalog (or folders with the names of your catalogs if you have more than

one catalog created).

The answers are in the details and the above are based on assumptions since your details were absent.

I will fine tune the reply if needed with subsequent details that you supply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I find the location of my catalogs?
            nealeh Level 5

In the Organizer Help> System Info... gives you exact details.

1.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 3. Re: How do I find the location of my catalogs?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Thanks for confirming what I have already detailed in post numbered 1 of this thread for location of catalog.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Catalogs

and in the Catalogs Folder should be a folder with the name of your catalog (or folders with the names of your catalogs if you have more than

one catalog created).

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I find the location of my catalogs?
                nealeh Level 5

I posted Help> System Info as you provided the default path, which also happens to be the one I use. Should Damax99 have used a custom path or moved the catalog at some time it would NOT be where you or I choose to keep them, but System Info will ALWAYS give the correct path.

• 5. Re: How do I find the location of my catalogs?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

I am not particularly trusting of Help Menu/System Info on an ALWAYS basis.

Of special importance In this thread, there is no information given by Damax99 even as to version of Premiere Elements and computer operating system on which it is running. For that matter, we do not know if Premiere Elements is involved at all since Damax99 talks about "catalogs on Elements". I prefer to get the information from the person asking the question and then fine tune it, including default vs

custom locations of files. No assists from the Elements Organizer's Help Menu/System Info.

One example, I have Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on the same Windows 7 64 bit computer. They are definitely

sharing the same Elements Organizer 12 catalog in the default location on that same computer. Yet, if I access Elements Organizer 12 Help Menu/System Info from Photoshop Elements 12, Help Menu/System Info tells me that the Operating System is Windows XP SP3 32 bit; while, if I access Elements Organizer 12 Help Menu/System Info from Premiere Elements 12, System Info tells me that the Operating System is indeed Windows 7 64 bit. I do not see this same type of thing with Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit. However, there I do note that the operating system is both are shown as 8 and not 8.1.

It is inconsistencies such as those that take the ALWAYS out of Help Menu/System Info.

ATR

• 6. Re: Re: How do I find the location of my catalogs?
                    nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

It is inconsistencies such as those that take the ALWAYS out of Help Menu/System Info.

Read again what I wrote.

System Info will ALWAYS give the correct path.

Of what relevance does your example of inconsistent Windows versions have to the correct catalog path? I have never known Help> System Info to give the incorrect path to a catalog. Have you?

I have provided the appropriate Operating System and Elements Version independent method of answering the question. From my experience I stand by what I wrote - System Info will ALWAYS give the correct path.

• 7. Re: How do I find the location of my catalogs?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

To date Elements Organizer Help Menu/System Info may have ALWAYS worked for you for catalog location and other. Great. But, I would question the extrapolation of your experience on that into a generalization for all.

I have never sought the catalog location via Elements Organizer/System Info. Never needed to. I knew where it was from first hand experience. So, I cannot give you statistically significant data on how often I found the correct catalog location in any Elements Organizer Help Menu/System Info.

But, my current situation, as described in post 5, creates the "element" of doubt about ALWAYS for any of the information. That is all that I am saying (post 5).

Relevancy goes to the trust in the source.

ATR