1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 7:29 PM by Jeff Arola

why the optional plugins for windows don´t work  (windows 8 - 64 bits )   ?

Ron Wolpa

(plug ins files are   : Alias.8BI   ,  LightingEffects.8BF  ,  Optional MultiPlugin.8BF   ,   RLA.8BI ,  SGIRGB.8BI   ,  SoftImage.8BI   and folder Lighting Styles)

I downloaded the optional plugins (@   http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-cs61.html#id_94813), unzipped the 64 bits contents and placed them at : 

C:\ADOBE\PHOTOSHOPCS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\optionals    (I haven´t installed on program files as most people use to do) ;   Edit > Preferences > Plugins > Additional plugins folder  was pointed to  C:\ADOBE\PHOTOSHOPCS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins.   I restared Photoshop and haven´t found the plug-ins  on  menu  Filters > .

What´s wrong ?   Thanks

• 1. Re: why the optional plugins for windows don´t work  (windows 8 - 64 bits )   ?
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Which version of photoshop cs6 do you have?

Subscription 13.1.....

or

Perpetual license 13.0.....

What does "(I haven´t installed on program files as most people use to do)" mean?

You shouldn't have to use the additional plugins preference if you put the plugins into the 64 bit version of photoshop cs6's plugin folder, which is where they should go.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins

All but the lighting effects and Optional Multiplugin are file formats which would show in the open or save dialogs.

Lighting Effects would be under Filter>Render>Lighting Effects Classic

There should also be Filter>Other>HSBHSL (included as part of the OptionalMultiPlugin)

Untitled-1.png