6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2007 10:38 AM by Newsgroup_User

Send for Review ONLY via email

Jeff Aicher Level 1
      I have a client set up as a "Publisher" and I am the "Administrator". When she pushes the "send for review" button, she doesn't get the dialog box asking if she wants to send via email or via contribute - it simply launches her email program with the link in the message. Of course that means I can see it, but not revise it.

I can't find anything in preferences on either of our computers to restore this dialog box. (She's using a trial of CS3, mine is v3, by the way.) Anyone have this happen?

Thank you in advance...
        • 1. Re: Send for Review ONLY via email
          Jeff Aicher Level 1
          Wondering if this could be an internet options setting?

Anybody...anybody?

Thanks.
          • 2. Re: Send for Review ONLY via email
            ThinkInk Level 2
            Have you tried installing and using the trial of CS3 yourself?
            • 3. Re: Send for Review ONLY via email
              Jeff Aicher Level 1
              I have tried working with my client on *her* version. And she has since upgraded to the full version of CS3. Same result.
              • 4. Re: Send for Review ONLY via email
                ThinkInk Level 2
                What I ment is that maybe the problem occurs because you have a 'lower' version of Contribute. If you install the CS3 trial yourself, you could check if that's the case...
                • 5. Re: Send for Review ONLY via email
                  Jeff Aicher Level 1
                  The client's C3 does this all from her computer - it doesn't check with the server or anything - so I don't think this has to do with anything on my computer. There is no option to send via Contribute - it just goes straight to email.

Right now, I'm not that thrilled with this program, so I'm not inclined to upgrade. It seems slow (both of us have DSL) and buggy.
                  • 6. Re: Send for Review ONLY via email
                    Level 7
                    anoleye wrote:
                    > The client's C3 does this all from her computer - it doesn't check with the
                    > server or anything - so I don't think this has to do with anything on my
                    > computer. There is no option to send via Contribute - it just goes straight to
                    > email.
                    >
                    > Right now, I'm not that thrilled with this program, so I'm not inclined to
                    > upgrade. It seems slow (both of us have DSL) and buggy.
                    >
                    >
                    If you have connected to your site using the latest version of
                    Contribute CS3, please make sure you "Administer" the site atleast once.
                    This will fix all your email review problems. The reason to do this is
                    because, Contribute CS3 has some additional administrative settings like
                    PDF embedding/linking etc. So if you just connect to your site with
                    latest version of Contribute CS3 and not administer it, then the hub
                    file does not have the newer settings... i know this may not clarify you
                    completely, but yes... Administering with Contribute CS3 should solve
                    your problem... Also not that once administered with higher version, you
                    cannot administer it with lower versions.