• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Area Image - Transparent Background?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image as a zoom destination area. Is there anyway to make the image background transparent? The image background is transparent when the image is in my library, but when imported to zoom area, the background comes in white. I can see where you can change background color, but transparent isn't an option. Does anyone know if Captivate offers a "set transparent color" option like PowerPoint?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi knccaugh,
In some instances such as captions or standard images you can set the transparency color by selecting that color as the color of the top-left pixel in the image (a caption is just a BMP image used as a background for your text). To display transparency is an option on the Properties dialog for your image.

In the case of a zoom destination (image) there is no such option available so I'm afraid that "what you see is what you get" with regard to transparency. Sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Addendum to above -

When working with imported images in the zoom tool (and all other image functions in Captivate), the transparency options of the image prior to insertion into Captivate are lost during the import process, as Captivate converts all image formats to its own bitmap format, thereby losing - for instance - transparency that existed in the original image. Sorry I omitted mention of this in my original reply.

Welcome to the Captivate User Community, kmccaugh!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources