3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 1:42 AM by greule

Lightroom Mobile iPhone won't import complete camera roll. Why?

Bill Alpert

Several re-installs and crashes later, I'm still not able to bring in 900 images from my iPhone 5s' camera roll.

Though there are something like 900 photos and videos, LR mobile only brings in about 250. And when I browse the thumbnails for those 250, many of them are just black boxes. And that was my *best* result. Earlier attempts resulted in LR crashing during the import process, with "delete and reinstall" being my only option. Even manual one by one imports after the initial import attempt of the camera roll don't seem to be working.

I was so excited by the LR mobile sync, but the majority of my iOS photos are on my phone. Would love to get this working!

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile iPhone won't import complete camera roll. Why?
          greule Adobe Employee

What type of photos are you trying to import. Pure iPhone shots or other types imported via connection-kit.

How much free storge do you have on you iPhone? Have you tried to reboot you phone. It could be that your phone is running low on memory

-

Guido

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile iPhone won't import complete camera roll. Why?
            Bill Alpert Level 1

These are native iPhone images, as far as I can tell. The only other images visible on my phone have come in though photo stream.

About 2 gig free on my phone: Capacitcy 27.4/ Available 2.0

I've been rebooting and reinstalling several times.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile iPhone won't import complete camera roll. Why?
              greule Adobe Employee

Could you try the import after  a "Delete Data" via Lightroom Preferences->Lightroom Mobile and a resign-in.

When you add new photos to your mobile device, Lr mobile needs to import the photos locally and send previews+metadata to the back-end. It seems that some of this data was not send.

If you still see the issue while processing the import could you trigger a diagnostic log.

The Lr Mobile app log can be triggered when you open up the settings and long press the to LR Icon a diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client.

Send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop prefereneces -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido