5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2007 1:24 AM by smon_ed

embedded html font removes spaces!

smon_ed Level 1
      I have a dynamic html textField which has embedded fonts. When I provide it with html, it is displaying formatted text (italic, bold, underline, etc) incorrectly. it removes a space directly in front of the formatted word.

e.g. unformatted:
      hello world

formatted:
      hello World

I have tried placing the space inside and outside the format tag and it makes no difference. Switching off the embed makes the field display correctly, however my client wants embedded, anti-aliased text.

This seems to occur quite randomly so that some formatted text in the same textfield does not display incorrectly, while some does!

There are font symbols for all my formatted fonts in the library.

Can anyone shed some light?
        • 1. Re: embedded html font removes spaces!
          ggshow Level 2
          you need to embed each font (regular, bold, italic, bold italic) separately

at 1st frame of your movie,create:
          - 1 dynamic text field for your font (regular)
          - 1 for bold
          - 1 for italic
          - 1 for bold italic

embed font for all dynamic text above.
          • 2. Re: embedded html font removes spaces!
            smon_ed Level 1
            Thanks for your reply.

I have included all my required fonts seperately in the library. So all my fonts are embedded as symbols and available to my dynamic textfields, which I believe does the same thing as placing embedded texfields on frame 1 of the movie, which I tried and which did not help.

This seems to occur not just for ordinary formatting, but also for underlining and font changing, which is specific to TextFormat object formatting. I donlt see this effect when not using TextFormat object and when not using htmlText.

I am greatly, massively, annoyingly stuck on this and it's a really really really important thing! Pretty much crucial to the whole application!!
            • 3. Re: embedded html font removes spaces!
              Level 7
              Is the SPACE character included as well?

smon_ed wrote:
              > Thanks for your reply.
              >
              > I have included all my required fonts seperately in the library. So all my
              > fonts are embedded as symbols and available to my dynamic textfields, which I
              > believe does the same thing as placing embedded texfields on frame 1 of the
              > movie, which I tried and which did not help.
              >
              > This seems to occur not just for ordinary formatting, but also for underlining
              > and font changing, which is specific to TextFormat object formatting. I donlt
              > see this effect when not using TextFormat object and when not using htmlText.
              >
              > I am greatly, massively, annoyingly stuck on this and it's a really really
              > really important thing! Pretty much crucial to the whole application!!
              >

--
              ----------
              Manno Bult
              http://www.aloft.nl
              manno@xs4all.nl
              • 4. Re: embedded html font removes spaces!
                nITiNkIlLeRmEeRuT Level 1
                [quote]placing embedded texfields on frame 1 of the movie, which I tried and which did not help.[/quote]

Try this
                File> Publish settings
                Click Flash tab
                select Generate size report
                and publish file
                see the output panel if fonts are not corrupted

can u upload you fla and post it.
                • 5. Re: embedded html font removes spaces!
                  smon_ed Level 1
                  Thanks for your replies.

This was fixed by changing autoSize=true to autoSize="center"

Pretty random... It took a couple of hours trial and error to work it out!

The textfield's autosize was crucial because it's height determines the position of a clip below it. When wordwrap and multiline are true, the bottom of the textfield is resized dynamically. However, some bugginess was causing strange behaviour horizontally, which was causing spaces before formatted text to shift to the left, over the top of the previous letter!!

Setting autoSize="center" completely stopped the field from looking at the horizontal aspect of the field and just the vertical. Stange but true.