4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 10:06 AM by Peter Grainge

default topics

Lonno7 Level 1
      Hi, All!

I've just created a new project, and one of the programmers has asked if I can set up RoboHelp so that each book will have its own default topic, which will show when the book is clicked on.

Or are we limited to one general default topic that appears when RH is activated?

Lon
        • 1. Re: default topics
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi Lon

Sure thing. Just create an HTML topic for each book. Then you edit the Book properties in the TOC. Just right-click the book and select Properties via the context menu. See that check box near the top labeled "Book with link"? Click to place a check mark there. Now you can associate the book with its default topic.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: default topics
            hylandwriter1 Level 1
            I have a related question about "Book with Link." I used this feature in a subproject (Unity Code Reference) and it works fine. But, because the Code Reference is so large, I decided to keep it as a separate subproject and merge it with the main project (Unity Software). When I compile the main project, I see the Unity Code Reference book and all the topics, but clicking the book doesn't bring up the default topic that I configured with "Book with Link."
            • 3. Re: default topics
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              What you are talking about sounds like an external reference. For the scenario you describe, why not try merged webhelp.

• 4. Re: default topics
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                What you are talking about sounds like an external reference. For the scenario you describe, why not try merged webhelp?