3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2014 11:19 AM by John T Smith

Can I link my standalone Lightroom 5.5 to my creative cloud?  If yes, how?  If no, what's the point? (Seriously, I'm just not getting the whole CC thing.)

I have Lightroom 5, standalone recently updated to 5.5.  I haven't used the CC because quite frankly, I'm not sure why I need to.  That said, I thought I would give it a try, but don't see where my Lightroom is 'associated' with my CC account.  How do I link up my standalone with the CC or do I need to?    I spent 2.5 hours readying as many FAQs as I could open.  I found one that says I just need to select the Lightroom app and install it.  But, when I tried that route, I was asked for payment. Do I just start paying the $10 a month ($120 for a year) to use something I already paid for? (Purchased Lightroom 4 and have been paying for upgrades ever since).  I just don't get it.   Not trying to be snarky.  I thought I was somewhat internet-savy, but evidently I'm still in the Stone Age.  I would hugely appreciate if someone could point me to:

1.  A workable link with intelligible instructions on linking my standalone Lightroom with the CC, or

2.  An explanation as to how I can use the CC version of Lightroom without having to pay for it again, or

3.  If that isn't how it works, can someone explain to me, in layman's terms, why I need the CC?