5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2017 9:02 PM by davidc72882807

Flags not syncing from lightroom mobile to desktop

rgwrgwrgw

I synched a collection from desktop to mobile.  Then flagged (Picked, Rejected) a bunch of images on Ipad.  Now back on Desktop none of those Picks rejects show up.  The Picks Rejects do show up if I view the collection on line in web browser.  I have no idea why this isn't working.  This is my first time trying to use Lightroom mobile.  So Far very unimpressed.

• 1. Re: Flags not syncing from lightroom mobile to desktop
          greule Adobe Employee

Could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop prefereneces -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido

• 2. Re: Flags not syncing from lightroom mobile to desktop
            MatthewDoudt Level 1

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I have the same issue with flag picking from LR Mobile on my iPad.  Some of the flags come back to the computer but some don't and I can't find a reason for the ones that don't.  Its really frustrating as this is how we pick through thousands of files a a week.

The issue isn't with the iPad because the flags register in all online versions of LR just not making it back to the computer.

Love to know if you found a fix.

Thanks, Matt

• 3. Re: Flags not syncing from lightroom mobile to desktop
              greule Adobe Employee

Did I get it right that "only"the flags are not correct updated or do you have problems see the photo at all.

If so could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop prefereneces -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

-

Guido

• 4. Re: Flags not syncing from lightroom mobile to desktop
                davidc72882807 Level 1

I have the same problem.  When I click "Reject" on the lightroom.adobe.com version (chrome), the change never syncs back to my desktop lightroom app (mac).  I have tried to clear my cookies and history on my browser, but it does make a difference.  I have sent greule my diagnostic log, and am waiting for a response.

• 5. Re: Flags not syncing from lightroom mobile to desktop
                  davidc72882807 Level 1

This from Guido solved the problem:

Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Desktop. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.  Or, at least, might trigger it to occur again. So remove the Sync.lrdata, start Lr Desktop, and then wait until it either syncs correct or you see the failure  again and create at this point a new diagnostic log which can hopefully provide some clues.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata