10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 10:15 PM by chuck0902

Is there a AE trial

chuck0902

It says there is a trial for AE but i do not see the trial in creative cloud. There seems to be a trial for everything else except AE, and this is the only software I want to test.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there no trial for AE?

Thanks, Chuck

• 1. Re: Is there a AE trial
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If AE is not on the list and the creative cloud app then your computer is not compatible with the cc version of a After Effects. Try downloading CS 6.

• 2. Re: Is there a AE trial
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

YOur system doesn't meet the requirements if it doesn't show up. It's as simple as that. Even CS6 may not qualify, but we can't know that since you haven't provided any system info.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Is there a AE trial
              chuck0902 Level 1

wELL thEN, I hav e a question, do i nee d to buy a new computer and

operating system to run Adobe Software?

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Rick Gerard <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: Is there a AE trial
                chuck0902 Level 1

I am wondering, how do you know that I haven't provided any system info?  I

am very cautious about providing anyone with my system info, but will make

an exception, I  am using window 7 and do not plan on changing.  I have a

lot of software that has cost me a lot of money and will not run in 64bit.

Is there another way to use new software (like AE) without having to throw

away everything I have?

• 5. Re: Is there a AE trial
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

chuck0902 wrote:

I am wondering, how do you know that I haven't provided any system info? 

Because your post didn't contain any useful information.

chuck0902 wrote:

I am very cautious about providing anyone with my system info,

Why? What could people knowing your OS, RAM, Processor, GPU, etc. possibly harm? It will only help with troubleshooting.

chuck0902 wrote:

I  am using window 7 and do not plan on changing.

AE runs just fine on Windows 7 if it's 64-bit.

chuck0902 wrote:

I have a lot of software that has cost me a lot of money and will not run in 64bit.

Oh.

chuck0902 wrote:

Is there another way to use new software (like AE) without having to throw away everything I have?

Yes; dual-boot. You can install two operating systems on one machine. Boot into one when you want to use modern software and boot into the other when you want to use old software.

Are you absolutely sure your old software won't run in Windows 7 64-bit in compatibility mode?

• 6. Re: Is there a AE trial
                    chuck0902 Level 1

Yes

• 7. Re: Is there a AE trial
                      chuck0902 Level 1

Thank you for your time responding to my question.  In my experience with

the computer I have found many good things, however there are many programs

and people with bad intent.  I have formatted my system and installed clean

OS more times than I can count.   Szalam

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Szalam> I once again thank you, and pose

this question.  Will Adobe AE work on my system using 32 bit?  I own Adobe

Web Premium CS3, I am a dinosaur!  When I purchased CS3 Web Premium I spent

a lot of money.  Now with the cloud the price is very reasonable, $20 per

month for AE seems like a good deal, I jusf do not like to spend a cent on

any program that I can not try first.

Thanks, Chuck

• 8. Re: Is there a AE trial
                        Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

chuck0902 wrote:

Will Adobe AE work on my system using 32 bit?

No.

After Effects will only run on 64-bit computers because it is 64-bit software.

• 9. Re: Is there a AE trial
                          Dave LaRonde Level 6

If you're intractable on the point of running Win 7 in 64-bit rather than 32-bit, you will need a second machine to run AE.  Lots of memory -- 16 GB for starters -- is good, and having a dedicated drive, say, 1 TB for your user files is another good thing.

• 10. Re: Is there a AE trial
                            chuck0902 Level 1

Thanks all for the help,  I need to make arrangments to buy another system

using Win 8 and 64 bit.  I know your right, change just comes hard for me.

Thanks again, Chuck

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Dave LaRonde <forums_noreply@adobe.com>