5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2014 4:44 PM by A.T. Romano

avi videos in elements 10

Nonalisa972

How to make avi videos in elements 10?

• 1. Re: avi videos in elements 10
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

• 2. Re: avi videos in elements 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Nonelisa972

How to make avi videos in elements 10?

Lots of questions that I could ask, but I am going to cut to what I believe to be at the core of your question, that is, the location of the option to export the Timeline content to get an export with an .avi file extension.

In Premiere Elements 10, the route is

Computer

AVI

You may be seeing only Adobe Flash Video, MPEG, and AVCHD. The AVI choice is further down the list and needs to be scrolled to by using the scroll bar to the right of the list of choices.

AVI10.jpg

After you set the Presets field, you can use the default setting for the preset selected or customize the preset by

clicking on the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset selected.

Please review and consider. If you have questions on this or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: avi videos in elements 10
              Nonalisa972 Level 1

Hello

On my mac, in place on AVI I have "quicktime"

Why is that?

• 4. Re: avi videos in elements 10
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Because Apple doesn't like Windows... Quicktime is Apple and AVI is Windows

• 5. Re: avi videos in elements 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Nonalisa972

Thank you for the critical information that you gave in your last post number 3.

You did not say that you were working on with Premiere Elements 10 on a Mac computer.

Neither Premiere Elements 10 Mac nor iMovie support an .avi export.

If you want an .avi file, you are going to have to export your Timeline to as .mov or .mp4 and then

convert that to an .avi export in a 3rd party software.

For Premiere Elements 10 Mac...for .mov, see Share/Computer/QuickTime and appropriate Preset and Advanced Settings.

Or, for mp4, see Share/Computer/AVCHD and appropriate MP4 preset. Setting help is available if you ask but give details.

The following link is being provided for informational (non promotional) reasons only to start you on the issues of

.avi files in Mac.

AVI to iMovie: Easily Import AVI to iMovie'11 on Mavericks and Mountain Lion

There are many other such links online. This not a matter of like or dislike. It is a matter of format support or non support.

Please let us know if you are OK with the basic problems involved.

For the quickest and best advice, please give full detail at the onset.

Thank you.

ATR