4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 2:53 PM by A.T. Romano

when i open premiere elements 12 error 1

boymarine Level 1

when tech down loaded adobe elements premiere 12 error 1

• 1. Re: when i open premiere elements 12 error 1
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Boymarine do you receive error 1 when opening or installing Adobe Premiere Elements?  Also which operating system are you using?

• 2. Re: when i open premiere elements 12 error 1
            boymarine Level 1

windows 8.1 and after it is installed and when I try to open

• 3. Re: when i open premiere elements 12 error 1
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 4. Re: when i open premiere elements 12 error 1
                A.T. Romano Level 7

boymarine

Who installed this program for you - Adobe Tech or other?

If Adobe Tech, then please contact it via Adobe Chat or whatever contact information that you have for it in order to sort out the

details of "Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up"

Contact Customer Care

Going that route may get you some remote control troubleshooting which is not available at this user to user forum.

Does your computer meet Premiere Elements 12 System Requirements?

Does the problem exist if you have the antivirus program disabled?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTIme installed?

Are you using a User Account with Administrative Privileges and working from application of Run As Administrator to

the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

You can try to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole

12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden

Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

If none of that works, then it is time for a program deactivation if you can get into the program (Help Menu/Sign Out)..skip if you cannot

open a project, uninstall (control panel route), free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with

antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR