4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 12:15 PM by jony1995

masks have disappeared

jony1995 Level 1

I have been working on this project for months. This is a jpg sequence, 11 seconds, 25 fps. Resolution 4272x2848. AE CS4

I have used many masks, 114. I use them to delete the background, it's a complicated scene.

My project has autosave and I also save it myself realy often, every 5 minutes and everytime I exit AE.

The last 4 times I have have opened the project the last 3 masks I was working on had disappeared. I thought I had made a mistake.

The second time it happened again, now it's the third time and it made me paranoid, I guess I didn't dream working on those masks.

(Now im afraid of closing the program again)

What might be causing this? I open the last project using "open recent projects". There is no problem except the missing last 2-3 masks.

Someone help,

Thanks and sorry for the long story.

• 1. Re: masks have disappeared
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What do thou mean missing? If you select the layers that are supposed to have the masks and press the M key do you see masks? If you mean you cannot see the masks in the composition window then click on the view masks switch at the bottom of the composition window just left of center.

• 2. Re: masks have disappeared
            jony1995 Level 1

All the masks are on one layer, on the jpg sequence. When you click just one mask, all of them show up. I was working on 2 of them last night and now they are not there.

• 3. Re: masks have disappeared
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm still not sure what you are saying. Are there supposed to be 3 masks on one layer? If so, when you select the layer and press the M key do you see 3 masks in the timeline? If you do not then I would guess that you did not save your project. If you see 3 masks then selecting them individually should make them show up in the composition window.

• 4. Re: masks have disappeared
                jony1995 Level 1

I do not remember ho many masks were there, I just remember about 115. I see all the other masks except 2-3 i was working on the last time, I saved my project the whole time I was working on. The 2-3 exact masks, I was deleting something behind a tree, are not there, all the others are there.