3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 3:12 PM by Noel Carboni

Additional Plug-In Folder? I need TOPAZ!!

torikoguy998

So I got TOPAZ, I installed it and placed its 8bf or whatever file in the PhotoShop Plug-Ins folder. I restarted photoshop and it WASN'T there, I tried the Additional PLug-in folder but...its NOT there either. I did other things like reinstalling Topaz but no use. PLEASE help! I don't knwo what happened to topaz and how I can get it to work.

PhotoShop CC 2014 + Windows 8

• 1. Re: Additional Plug-In Folder? I need TOPAZ!!
          davidc1815 Level 4

Have you got 32 bit and 64 bit versions of CC installed?

• 2. Re: Additional Plug-In Folder? I need TOPAZ!!
            torikoguy998 Level 1

How am I supposed to know? Pleas help me!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 3. Re: Additional Plug-In Folder? I need TOPAZ!!
              Noel Carboni Level 8

torikoguy998 wrote:

How am I supposed to know?

You're supposed to research the problem and learn.

Basic issue:  You need to find out if you installed a 32 bit plug-in into a 64 bit plug-ins subfolder or vice versa.  You can't mix them up; if you do the plug-in just won't show up in the menu.

Start with this:  What operating system do you have?  32 bit or 64 bit?  That will define which variant of Photoshop was installed.  If you don't know, take a moment to find out how to tell.  Google isn't hard to use and learning something new isn't going to hurt your brain.  You need to know this information to use Windows effectively.

As far as I remember, Topaz plug-ins usually come with an installer.  Is that what you ran?

Where did you get the plug-in to copy?  What does the documentation that came with it say?  Is it a 32 bit or a 64 bit plug-in?

Sorry for a very basic question:  Did you close and restart Photoshop after installing the plug-in?

-Noel