1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 10:12 AM by joan_lafferty

A Comparison of Using Parfait vs Photoshop Generator

kelly2marie Level 1

I have been chatting with an Adobe person about this, but I thought I post this here for others to see.

I created 2 web pages, 1 page was created from extracting CSS Gradients via Project Parfait.  A second page was created using the Graphics Generated via Photoshop CC 2014 generator.

Go to kellys-tutorials.com/parfait/ to see the Gradient version, and go to http://kellys-tutorials.com/parfait/header.html to see the Graphics version.

Overall I am impressed with Parfait and Photoshop Generator.  Just providing feedback to help improve Parfait as I can see its value!!!

EXPLANATION

index.html page:  The Gradient Page - CSS3 Gradients were made using Project Parfait. 

There are 4 gradients:

1. header
      2. just beneath the header
      3. footer
      4. just above the footer

header.html page:  The Graphics Page - the Graphics were created using Photoshop CC 2014 via the Image Assets Generator

There are 4 graphics......... these take the place of the gradients on the index page.

1. header
      2. just beneath the header
      3. footer
      4. just above the footer

MY OBSERVATIONS:

1.  The gradients on the index page, in the Header & Footer are not quite accurate.  The overall color is tad off.  And it looks like a light streak runs horizontally through the gradient.  That's not how the psd appeared.  And it wasn't what I was shooting for. (Sorry, I cannot share the psd due to copyrights.)

2.  The gradients on the index page, just below the header and just above the footer LOOK MUCH BETTER THAN THE GRAPHICS GENERATED IN PHOTOSHOP VIA THE GENERATOR!!   In fact, these 2 gradients are more accurate than the graphics!!  Yet, they are still somewhat inaccurate.  (should go from gray at the top to white at the bottom, which blends in with the remaining white background.

3.  The graphics on the header page, in the Header & Footer are accurate.   However, the gradients below the header and above the footer look like one solid color instead of a gradient!!  (See 2. above).  I believe I will have to manually slice these particular gradients in Photoshop in order to get the accuracy needed.