5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 7:42 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I install Premiere Elements 9 on my iMac?

masbob7

I cannot install Premiere Elements 9 on my new iMac from the DVDs I own and successfully used to install Premiere Elements 9 on my old PC with Windows 7.  The DVD auto-ejects and I get 5 warnings ("WARNING; Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure") and 16 error messages of various cryptic content.

I successfully installed Photoshop Elements 9 from the second DVD.  Note that the installation process for Premiere Elements 9  did not request a serial number.

• 1. Re: How do I install Premiere Elements 9 on my iMac?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

masbob7

Did you purchase both Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 in the boxed packaging so that you now have 4 discs. What were you billed for?

Disc 1. For Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 programs on Mac.

Disc 2. For Premiere Elements 9 Content Mac...to be used only after the program is installed from Disc 1.

Disc 3. For Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 programs on Windows.

Disc 4. For Premiere Elements 9 Content Windows...to be used only after the program is installed from Disc 3.

Your report is not consistent with what is. So, please let us determine how we are differing. I have Premiere Elements 9 box packaging,

and I am looking at the discs to confirm the information that I am posting.

Please review and consider. Then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I install Premiere Elements 9 on my iMac?
            masbob7 Level 1

ATR,

Yes, I bought the 4 disc boxed set (four years ago when my PC was new), discs 1 and 2 for Mac and discs 3 and 4 for Windows.  Disc 1 installed perfectly, and during the process of installation I was asked for its serial number.  However, I was not asked for a serial number when attempting to install disc 2, although there are separate and different serial numbers for each product, Premiere Elements 9 and Photoshop Elements 9, on the back of the plastic inner box holding the discs.  If my memory serves me well, I was asked for both serial numbers during the installation processes of discs 3 and 4  on my PC four years ago.

Thanks for your interest and help,

Bob

• 3. Re: How do I install Premiere Elements 9 on my iMac?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Disc 2 Mac. This is Premiere Elements 9 Mac Content and does not require or ask for a serial number. As I have said, you do not install the Premiere Elements 9 Mac Content until after you have installed Premiere Elements 9 Mac program from Disc 1 Mac. If you have not installed the Premiere Elements 9 Mac program, you do not install Premiere Elements 9 Mac Content yet.

Both Photoshop Elements 9 Mac and Premiere Elements 9 Mac programs are installed from Disc 1 Mac, one at a time and each have its own unique serial number. These serial numbers are found as stickers on the back of the plastic case that house the 4 disc set.

There is no Photoshop Elements 9 Mac Content disc. Its content comes within the installation of the program. I have never run into the situation where Content disc asked for a serial number.

Just a point of clarification on what I wrote in post 1...I have cited Disc 1, 2, 3, and 4. In reality, the discs read as follows

Disc 1 Mac. For Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 programs on Mac.

Disc 2 Mac For Premiere Elements 9 Content Mac...to be used only after the program is installed from Disc 1.

Disc 1 Windows. For Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 programs on Windows.

Disc 2 Windows. For Premiere Elements 9 Content Windows...to be used only after the program is installed from Disc 1.

Bottom Line:

You need a unique serial number for each of Premiere Elements 9 and Photoshop Elements 9. Do you have them?

But, remember...

Photoshop Elements 9 Mac and Photoshop Elements 9 Windows have the same serial number

and

Premiere Elements 9 Mac and Premiere Elements 9 Windows have the same serial number which is different for that used by Photoshop Elements.

Do you have these serial numbers? If so, use Disc 1 Mac to try to install Premiere Elements 9 on your iMac with your purchased Premiere Elements 9 serial number.  I cannot assure the compatibility of Premiere Elements 9 Mac with your iMac but those considerations go beyond an installation considerations.

Please review and consider. I hope that you are OK with the details.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I install Premiere Elements 9 on my iMac?
                masbob7 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Well, everything is now installed properly, thanks to your patience and persistence in explaining how to do it:  I was not keying in on your explanation that BOTH programs need to be installed from disc 1, and utilizing BOTH serial numbers for keys, before trying to install anything from disc 2.

Thanks again for all your time and help,

Bob

• 5. Re: How do I install Premiere Elements 9 on my iMac?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Great news and great job in sorting through the comments.

We thank you for staying with the suggestions to the successful outcome.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR