2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 9:03 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I save and share short clips of a video file

jthoma8318

How do I cut clips out of a longer video file to post on FB or YouTube in 2-3 minute clips

• 1. Re: How do I save and share short clips of a video file
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Look in the user guide PDF for your version and read about the WAB (Work Area Bar) and/or setting in/out points

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links for user guides

• 2. Re: How do I save and share short clips of a video file
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jthoma8318

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system it is running?

You do not need to bother with in and out points to do this.

Position the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span the Timeline content that you want to upload to Facebook

or YouTube via the Premiere Elements feature. Then in the sharing section of the program - Facebook or YouTube export settings, make sure to have

a check mark next to "Share Work Area Bar Only". Both these steps are required to get the selective export.

Only this morning, I prepared this screenshot for a Premiere Elements 10 user for an QuickTime export

graytabs10.JPG

There are two ways to set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar....

a. with mouse cursor move them into place

or

b. use shortcuts...move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment that you want and, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the left bracket key [   ....then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment that you want and, as you hold down the Alt key, hit the right bracket key ]

Some exports do not have the "Share Work Area Bar Only" option in the export settings. Facebook and YouTube are two exports that do..

For YouTube is your export within the file size of 2 GB...your 2 or 3 minute clips appear to be in the duration limit for the feature within Premiere Elements.

If you want to get involved in trimming of clips from a larger project concepts, please review the following blog post

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-project-assets-organization-for.html

Please let us know if your are OK with the details above.

Thank you.

ATR