2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2016 12:34 PM by N.Chap

Unable to add new printer port for Central Output Server 5.7 under Windows 2012 Server

Steve Bryant MTA Level 1

I am migrating my Output Server from an old Windows box to a new one and am having issues with the new ports.  I have 6 instances installed and the last one seems OK, but all the others get errors when any output is sent to them, even a Windows Test print. I have them all setup the same, with the port format used \\.\pipe\jetform\server5

When i installed the software, i installed all 6 instances then went through and added the 6 local printer ports - it seemed to configure them OK this first time.

My testing was then done on the 6th and last instance and went fine.

When i tried to test the other instances, I found all jobs just errored out on the printer queue.

If I connected one of these printers to the 6th port, it worked fine.

I deleted one of the local ports that was not working and tried to re-add it. I then got the message "The system cannot find the file specified"

I tried adding the port through the registry - it added, but would not print still.

I then noted that in Central output Server Control, when i tried to Shutdown Central and start one of them, I got the error "Unable to connect to named pipe '\\.\pipe\jetform\server5.ctr'"

I am using a domain account that is configured to run the Adobe services, it is a Domain Admin with all the required rights

I have modified the Local Security policy to allow users to add printer drivers.

And i have now run out of ideas ! Anyone got any ??

Thanks