This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
What do Tabuleiro have to say? You did post a support question there, right?
Yeah, I’m guilty of a little cross-posting. They haven’t responded yet but to be fair I’ve asked questions of them in the past and they’ve been good about responding. However, while I’m waiting I might mention that I created a test movie that simplifies the problem a whole lot. Forget about the resizing and all that code, it has nothing to do with the problem. The issue can be simply stated as follows:
On Mac OS X only, if lingo is used to pause the movie by setting sprite(X).movieRate = 0 then only lingo can resume the movie by setting sprite(X).movieRate = 1. If lingo sets the movieRate to 1, then the toolbar button toggles the movieRate between 0 and 1 as expected. If lingo sets the movieRate to 0, then the toolbar toggles the movieRate between 0 and 0.0000 and nothing happens.
The button/lingo interaction works properly on XP, lingo can be used to pause the video and the toolbar button can be used to turn it back on.
I’ll post up if I get official word from Tabuleiro but for now I’ve got a kludge that seems to work:
sprite(X).mediaBusy toggles properly for any combination of toolbar button and lingo but it’s read only. Because of the “bug” (yes, presumptive on my part) you can end up with sprite(X).movieRate = 0 and sprite(X).mediaBusy = TRUE at the same time. Since my playhead is always moving I just added the following corrective line to the behavior attached to the video sprite:
on exitFrame me
if (sprite(me.spriteNum).mediaBusy and (sprite(me.spriteNum).movieRate = 0)) then sprite(me.spriteNum).movieRate = 1
-- some other junk here