1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 10:23 AM by JJMack

CC 2014 on creative cloud

MaryannRA

Should I uninstall the previous version?  If so, how?  And how do I transfer all my plug-ins like Topaz and OnOne Software?  Do I have to reinstall ALL of them? 

• 1. Re: CC 2014 on creative cloud
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

MaryannRA wrote:

Should I uninstall the previous version?  (I do NOT)

If so, how?  (There is an un-installer however if you installed CC 2014 I would not use uninstaller there is a good chance it may mess with File Association and mess up the one CC 2014 installer changed.  I would just delete the CC 14.2.1 File system tree If I wanted the disk space back)

And how do I transfer all my plug-ins like Topaz and OnOne Software? (They should be installed into CC 2014)

Do I have to reinstall ALL of them?  (It an additional new install for CC 2014)

Adobe removed the Photoshop Preference for adding an additional Plug-in Path to Photoshop.  However I still use that method by adding File System link into Photoshop install trees that link my 32Bit and 64Bit Plug-ins as well as my Photoshop Scripts.  All the versions of Photoshop I have install share common additional Plug-in and Script path.  There Are some exceptions.  I install Adobe optional plug-ins into Photoshop install trees.  For Adobe been messing with the interfaces.   For example the old plug-ins Web Photo Gallery and Picture Package will  still work in CS6 Perpetual but not in Not in CS6 Subscription CC and CC 2014.

Adobe does not do a good regression testing they do not maintain Photoshop so it backwards compatible with previous versions of Photoshop.  They remove features they have added and break features. Its a good idea to keep old version and not so old version of  Photoshop around.

CC 2014 added and removed features and removes some support.