5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 10:41 PM by arao2k6

Found a bug! Import Video not working....

richardELeach Level 1

Hi

When attempting to import a video using the plus icon in the Library tab I can select the files that I want but the window closes and nothing gets imported. I then have to go to File: Import and select the files from there. However, that process only works one time, if I delete the video files and try to import again nothing happens, either from the File menu or the Library panel.

My configuration:

Mac OSX 10.9.4

32 GB RAM

2.7 ghz 12 core Xeon E5

Adobe Edge Animate CC 2014.0 Release

If you need any additional info just let me know!

Thanks,

Rich

• 1. Re: Found a bug! Import Video not working....
          jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi Rich,

Hmm…by default, I'm not seeing this.

By any chance, are you importing video from a folder that's already in the root folder containing the Animation composition files?

Any extra information you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks,

Joe

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Found a bug! Import Video not working....
            richardELeach Level 1

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply. My video files are actually located in a folder beneath the composition files. Do you think that's the issue? Like I said, using the plus icon next to the Video panel in the Library doesn't do anything, I actually have to use the File: Import.... menu item.

Rich

• 3. Re: Found a bug! Import Video not working....
              jbowden Adobe Employee

Hey Rich,

Yeah, it's an issue with our Library (this same thing can also happen with audio and image assets).

Instead of adding a folder within your composition folder that holds your video files, you could either add video files directly to the media folder that Animate generates when you import audio or video, or if there isn't a media folder yet, create one named "media" and then add your video files directly to it.

Otherwise, import video from any directory on your system outside of the Animate composition folder - when Animate imports video or audio assets, it makes a copy of them and keeps them in the media folder I mentioned previously (image assets get copied to an images folder). Any use of the video in Animate is referencing the copy in the media folder. Likewise, when you publish, we copy the same folder structure into your publish directory.

hth,

Joe

• 4. Re: Found a bug! Import Video not working....
                resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As Joe mentioned, I add y assets in the folders I create and the beginning where I save the animate files in order to avoid problems.

I create the images folder, the media folder and the js folder even though animate would create these at import. I had some problems earlier with Animate using an alernate folder that was not included in publish.

So as a matter of habit I just do that every time I create a new Composition. Then all necessary assets appear in their respective panels.

Good luck on your project!

• 5. Re: Found a bug! Import Video not working....
                  arao2k6 Level 2

Hi Rich

We are tracking this internally as a bug. Thanks for reporting it.

Regards

Avinash