3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 9:09 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 will not allow me to add any more 'Default Text'

davidsomers

Premiere Elements 12 will not allow me to add any more 'Default Text'. Being using it fine up until today! Created over 80 words so far for subtitles but for some reason it wont allow me today!!!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not allow me to add any more 'Default Text'
          A.T. Romano Level 7

davidsomers

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? What is your project preset (See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General), and what is the still image default duration (See Edit Menu/Preferences/General).

If you have not already, please update from 12 to 12.1. See the opened project Help Menu/Update.

If you are sure that you doing everything "exactly" as before, then delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not resolve the problem, then delete the whole 12 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path to be cited.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Please review, consider, and let us know the results.You may have to explore a detour in your workflow that went unnoticed.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not allow me to add any more 'Default Text'
            davidsomers Level 1

Hi

After hours of back and fourth ....This morning I decided to delete the 'Soundtrack/Score' Which I got from Elements library etc. Everything worked as normal as soon and the soundtrack was cut/deleted!

Can this be explained so I can prevent it from happening again!

Many thanks for your support.

Dave

Ps. Using Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not allow me to add any more 'Default Text'
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Thanks for the follow up. Interesting result.

What is the specific Music Score that you used in the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Mac Soundtrack that was limiting you in the number of words that could be included as text in the project's opened Titler?

Please confirm

a. Working in Expert workspace or Quick workspace?

and

b. Was the 12.1 Update in effect before and after you observed that the Music Score soundtrack removal resolved the issue of number of words limit in the Titler?

and

c. Did the Titler problem exist if you replace the Music Score soundtrack with a non Music Score music file?

and

d. If you moved the Music Score soundtrack to one of the numbered Audio Tracks, did the Titler problem exist?

If you have no Music Score soundtrack in the project, create your title of 80 plus words in the Titler, close the Titler, and then bring the Music

Score soundtrack to the project's Soundtrack, does that strategy work for you?

The above information will help me to think about what happened in your case and give me more insight into how to prevent it happening to

you in future projects.

Thanks.

ATR