0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2007 9:17 AM by Nathan_Aaron

Flash MX Preloader for external JPGs

Nathan_Aaron
      Hey all! Any help would be greatly appreciated. In all honesty, I have searched and studied and worked to get this myself, which I do alot with code, etc. BUT I am going to admit I'm a "make it pretty on the outside" kind of guy, and coding makes my eyeballs fall out and well, honestly, I just don't get it. My brain can not wrap itself around this. Sigh! So I could use your help a little.

This is what I'm wanting to do. I have a website, www.luxeillustrato.com, and if you go to the portfolio area, and click on any of the sections (take fine art for example); it will showcase my works by loading external jpg files each time you click the forward arrow button.

You can see I have preloaders on the site, that work fine. My main page has a movie target with the instance name of photoM. You click "artist", and it loads a new swf file into the photoM target. IF you click on "portfolio", "fine art", it loads the fine art swf file into photoM, using a preloader. THEN, if you click on the forward arrow button, a new jpg image of my work is loaded into the fine art movie target with the instance name of just photo. As you can see, you have to wait until the jpg image loads (and you start to wonder if it's doing anything.)

The problem is, it is not preloading the external jpgs, it's just preloading the fine art swf. My preload code is currently:

stop();
      onEnterFrame = function () {
      totalBytes = _parent.getBytesTotal();
      loadedBytes = _parent.getBytesLoaded();
      percent = Math.ceil((loadedBytes/totalBytes)*100);
      gotoAndStop(percent);
      info_txt.text = percent+" %";
      if (percent>=100) {
      _parent.gotoAndPlay("inter");
      }
      };

I already have the preload animation bar created (as you can see on the site.) What do I need to do to alter the code above (or replace it) in order to have the external jpgs be preloaded as well? For example's sake, let's just say I have four jpgs, titled "door.jpg", "orange.jpg", "boyfriend.jpg", and "untitled.jpg" (in case these are needed for the code. They may not be.)

I hope this is easy to understand. If NOT, just tell me. I'll simplify. And seriously, thanks!