Premiere Elements 12 will not start a new project

Rotaryfool

I loaded Premiere Elements 12 on my...

• 64bit HP Laptop Dv7
      • Intel core i7
      • Windows 7
      • Radeon Graphics (HD 6770m)
      1. updated Quicktime
      2. updated display drivers as requested when first installed.
      3. reloaded PE 12
      4. Started PE12 but when i click Video Editor and then select New Project the button shows the purple and black lines for about a minute and then stops and nothing happens

I have almost given up.  I have been trying to load this program on my pc for 5 days.  Nothing but problems.  I have asked pc gurus at work and no one has a clue what could be wrong.

Why will Adobe Premiere Elements 12 not start on my laptop?

by the way there is no BadDrivers.txt file to delete that i can find...

Driver Screens.jpg

Does anyone have a clue as to why the application would not start?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not start a new project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rotary

It is late where I am so I will give you some things to work on.

Premiere Elements does not fare well with 2 video cards/graphics cards. Have you disabled the Intel and observed the consequences?

Determine if the problem is there with and without the antivirus disabled.

BadDrivers.txt file

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

in the Premiere Elements Folder will be one file and some folders. You do not want the folders or what is in them. You want that file which is the BadDrivers.txt file. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path shown. Be aware that after you open the program again after the file deletion, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file but by that time the problem should be gone (hopefully).

I would probably be going after the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file -

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Better yet....check out the information in the following blog posts

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

We will be watching for your progress in the light of day.

Thank you.

ATR