0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 12:10 PM by Dave Rosser

imported photos are lost by catalogue after import

Dave Rosser Level 1

When I import photos into Lightroom from a camera memory card all seems to go well, a new sub folder is created, pre-views built and I can edit the pictures.  However if I move on to some other sub folder and then want to go back to my newly imprted sub-folder it does not appear to now exist - it is nowhere to be found in the Lightroom folders directory.  The folder does in fact exist and can be seen in Windows explorer. If I now go into Lightroom and import the pictures again at their existing location all is then normal but any edits I did when the pictures were originally imported are lost.  I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing Lightroom from CC but this makes no difference.  Anyone got any idea what is going on and how I can sort it out?

Lightroom CC, Windows 8.1 (update 1)

Since posting I have answered my own question.  It all boils down to my finger trouble sometime in the last few weeks in identifying the right drive for the pictures to be imported to.  I blame it on Windows expecting everything to be on one vast C/: drive.

Message was edited by: David Rosser  when I realised I was importing to the wrong drive and answered my own question.