Operating Windows 7, 64 bit. I found the recommended fixes at: CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed.
They were close. I found that steps 1-3 did not work initially. But before running the cleaner;
1. I uninstalled CC desktop.
2. I did a registry clean with CCleaner
3. then ran the CC desktop cleaner
4. then went back in to the Windows control panel to remove installed programs where I found an icon for Acrobat XI that was the uninstalled program and uninstalled that. Although the
icon was not the standard icon but a generic one, I still needed to remove it.
5. Installed the CC desktop.
This doesn't work in my case with Windows 8.1
Can't uninstall cloud. Says I have applications and that need it. There are no adobe applications currently on my computer.