4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 7:43 AM by nymaera11

prints coming out cropped and off-centered

nymaera11

i'm fairly new to lightroom, and am a mac/epson/lr5 user. basically, whenever i change the paper size, the prints i get come out with only the top-right quadrant of the image printed on the lower-lefthand quadrant of the paper. i always change the paper size in 'page set-up' beforehand, and then adjust the margins in the print module. it all looks fine in the module, but when the print comes out, it's cropped and stuffed into the bottom left corner. i spoke with epson support, but because the issue only happens when in lightroom and other software (iPhoto) they were unable to assist me. i was able to fix the issue myself the first time i switched paper sizes, and they came out fine, but when i switched back, i can't seem to figure out what i did the first time that took care of the problem. pretty sure, it's just something simple that my novice knowledge with the product is overlooking, but i've searched for an answer online and in video tutorials and can't seem to come up with the solution, so hopefully i can find one here.

thanks

• 1. Re: prints coming out cropped and off-centered
          thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Keep an real close eye on the template you select as it will save the specifics of your page setup. If those settings are off, the template will just keep doing it. Everything you do to setup a print job can be saved within a template.

Usually best to build a NEW user template, start from scratch and configure everything, double check the settings, then alt/option click on the template and select the Update command.

• 2. Re: prints coming out cropped and off-centered
            nymaera11 Level 1

andrew, thanks for taking the time to respond. i just tried creating a new user template, double checking the settings (using 8.5x11 paper, set to US Letter 8.5x11) and still the print came out the same as before... no bueno. would it have anything to do with the presets? it's currently set to default settings, with the "reset presets menu to default settings after printing" box unchecked...

• 3. Re: prints coming out cropped and off-centered
              thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The Epson driver has multiple page setup options for the same size paper. Might try another and don't pick auto expand.

• 4. Re: prints coming out cropped and off-centered
                nymaera11 Level 1

unfortunately, i've tried all the different settings for that paper size and the result is the same. again, what's being printed isn't just slightly cropped or off center, like 60 % of the image isn't printed and the cropped area that is printed is forced into a corner. once the printer receives the job, it feeds about 40% of the paper through before it even starts printing. this only happens in lightroom. in iPhoto, using the same page setup options, the print comes out fine.