2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 9:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements 12 wont accept .mov video files

snowyhydro

I'm trying to import .mov files into Premiere Elements 12 but it will only bring them in as audio files, not video?  The source file is playing fine in Quicktime, but elements won't accept it.  I'm working on PC and urgently need to edit this piece...  An

• 1. Re: Elements 12 wont accept .mov video files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

snowyhydro

What is the Brand/Model/Settings for the camera that recorded this video? Any chance, MotionJPEG video compression?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer? Are you running your program from a User Account with

Administrative Privileges and also have applied Run As Administrator?

Since this is a rush on your side, let us go with just the above for the moment. If that is not the answer, then I will put you through the

drill of must have information

a. project preset

b. properties of your source media

c. computer operating system

d. video card/graphics card drive update

e. etc.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements 12 wont accept .mov video files
            A.T. Romano Level 7

snowyhydro

Add On Note to my post numbered 1....

With regard to latest version of QuickTime installed....please check Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime to determine if you have QuickTime presets.

To see the QuickTime choice there, you need to use the thin scroll bar to the right of the choices in order to get to QuickTime which is near the bottom of the list of choices there. If you do not use the scroll bar, you are tempted to think that your only choices in that area are Adobe Flash Video, MPEG, and AVCHD.

ATR