2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2014 3:09 PM by CarlosCanto

How can I make two columns in DropDownList

withoutdix

like this

2014-07-24_11-35-07.png

I remember that the solution met.
      Except alignment spaces in a text string.

• 1. Re: How can I make two columns in DropDownList
          Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Google "ScriptUI for Dummies" from Peter Kahrel.

• 2. Re: How can I make two columns in DropDownList
            CarlosCanto Adobe Community Professional & MVP

from the Documentation

Creating multi-column lists

In list controls (ListBox, DropDownList, TreeView), a set of ListItem objects represents the individual

choices in the list. Each choice can be labeled with a localizable string, an image, or both, as specified by

the text and image properties of the ListItem (see “Displaying images” on page 72).

You can define a ListBox to have multiple columns, by specifying the numberOfColumns creation

parameter. By default, the number of columns is 1. If you specify multiple columns, you can also use the

creation parameters to specify whether headers are shown, and the header text for each column.

If you specify more than one column, each ListItem object that you add to the box specifies one selectable

row. The text and image of the ListItem object specifies the label in the first column, and the subitems

property specifies labels that appear in that row for the remaining columns.

The subitems value is an array, whose length is one less than the number of columns. That is, the first

member, ListItem.subitems[0], specifies the label in the second column. Each member specifies one

label, as a JavaScript object with two properties:

{ text : displayString , image : imageFileReference }

For example, the following fragment defines a list box with two columns, and specifies the labels in each

column for the two choices:

// create list box with two titled columns
            var list = dlg.add ('ListBox', [0, 0, 150, 75], 'asd',
            {numberOfColumns: 2, showHeaders: true,
            columnTitles: ['First Name', 'Last Name']});
            // add an item for the first row, with the label value for the first column
            var item1 = list.add ('item', 'John');
            // add the label value for the second column in that row.
            item1.subItems[0].text = 'Doe';
            // add an item for the second row, with the text for the first column label
            var item2 = list.add ('item', 'Jane');
            // add the label text and image for the second column in the second row
            item2.subItems[0].text = 'Doe';
            item2.subItems[0].image = File ("~/Desktop/Step1.png");