3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2007 2:16 PM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks CS3 full of bugs

TanisHarding
      Fireworks CS3 has potential. But it keeps crashing on me. It said internal error, when I was changing fonts. I was unable to save it. Tried it again, and could not reduplicate the error. Though I did have Word open the previous time.

Then I tried to save later and it said not enough memory, which is not true.

Then when I used the scroll button on it, it closed with no prompt to save.

I have also noticed that when undoing various actions it states "undo command prompt" in the menu.

I'm sure they will work these bugs out, but until they do, I recommend waiting to upgrade!
        • 1. Re: Fireworks CS3 full of bugs
          Level 7
          TanisHarding wrote:

> Fireworks CS3 has potential. But it keeps crashing on me. It said internal
          > error, when I was changing fonts. I was unable to save it. Tried it again, and
          > could not reduplicate the error. Though I did have Word open the previous time.
          >
          > Then I tried to save later and it said not enough memory, which is not true.
          >
          > Then when I used the scroll button on it, it closed with no prompt to save.
          >
          > I have also noticed that when undoing various actions it states "undo command
          > prompt" in the menu.

Did you buy the Web standard or Web Premium suite? Have you had problems
          with the other programs in the suite?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Fireworks CS3 full of bugs
            TanisHarding Level 1
            In regards to my complaint about it crashing, I found a fix. I had the old version of Version Cue running, as well as the CS3 Version Cue running. I don't know why it didn't uninstall the older version.

Since I uninstalled the older version of Version Cue, I have not had the crashing or the memory errors. Though, I still did notice the "command line prompt" message.

I bought the Web Premium edition. And I have not had problems with the other products so far (though I was not able to install Acrobat, but I had to call Adobe with CS2 to get Acrobat installed properly). But Fireworks is the only program I have spent considerable time working in.

All in all though, despite the bugs, Fireworks is a sweet program and I'm glad Adobe didn't turf it when they took over Macromedia.

• 3. Re: Fireworks CS3 full of bugs
              Level 7
              That makes two of us :)

TanisHarding wrote:

>
              > All in all though, despite the bugs, Fireworks is a sweet program and I'm glad
              > Adobe didn't turf it when they took over Macromedia.
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >