2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 9:10 AM by JJMack

Bought subscription to Photoshop CC in store, and have since thrown away the card w/serial number.

gallaspycaitlyn

I purchased an Adobe Photoshop CC subscription from Best Buy in December, and it has suddenly started asking me for my serial number again. Well, I have long since discarded the physical "subscription" that had the serial number on it. Is there anything I can do to recover it, or am I going to have to spend $300 again after just over half my subscription has been used?

• 1. Re: Bought subscription to Photoshop CC in store, and have since thrown away the card w/serial number.
          Doc Maik Level 4

A serial number is like a car key. You should not lose it.

But I'm pretty sure you can either fetch it from your Adobe account or from an Adobe employee when contacting support.

• 2. Re: Bought subscription to Photoshop CC in store, and have since thrown away the card w/serial number.
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You do not use your cc serial number for anything.  CC products are activated and deactivated by your sign in with an Adobe account that has a subscription using its User ID and Password.   Gone are the days you needed to enter some un-godly 20 digit serial number. 

For example if your install of Photshop CC is not Activated. Use Photoshop menu Help>Sign In... Once you sing in with an account with a subscription if there is an available activion left Photoshop will becoma Activated.  The you can use Photoshop's menu Help>Systen info...  Looks like this you can see your accounts serial number in there.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2014.0.0 20140508.r.58 2014/05/08:23:59:59  x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:13, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 12

Logical processor count: 24

Processor speed: 1995 MHz

Built-in memory: 40886 MB

Free memory: 33404 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 37129 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

License Type: Subscription

Serial number: "your 20 digit serial number"